SEA OF UNCERTAINTY

SEA OF UNCERTAINTY

Filled with... a lots of emotion, I walked back into my room and buried myself into my bed.

And... I was crying. Don't know what for.

I wasn't imagining that reaction after what just happened. I thought he'd... he'd do something.... Anything.... Just not what he did.

I cried and cried and cried. I don't even know why I was crying! I was just crying!

Ugggghhhhhhhhhhh.

................................................

I don't know when I fell asleep. When I woke up, my cheeks were still burning from hot tears. I looked towards my room's window. It was dark. And it was raining.

Great.

I took a quick shower. The hot water relaxed me but didn't take away the memory of what happened earlier.

Why was I still thinking about it anyway?

I changed into my white button down shirt and navy blue jeans. I ran the blow dryer through my wet hair and put them into a high pony.

Everything was fine until I opened the door and he came into sight. He was getting out of his room too, dressed in a blue denim shirt and black slacks. His hair was still wet with shower.

He raised an eyebrow when he noticed me staring. Ignoring him, I approached the stairs.

"You were crying," his voice stopped me in my way.

"I wasn't."

"It wasn't a question," I knew he was smiling.

"Whatever," I was passing him but, "Wait," he caught my wrist. "I'm not done yet," he said. "But I am," I replied.

He pulled me towards him and pressed me against the wall. His palms flattened against the wall on the either side of me as he caged me in. he leaned in, "You're frustrated, I see." I kept staring at his face with an angry look. What does he want now? Nothing is going to happen between us. Ever. "Back-off," I seethed. "Rude, huh," he chuckled, "I love this side of you." "And I hate all of you," I shot back. "I'm well aware of that, baby."

I noticed the cut on his lip that he sustained from the fight with Ryan. I shuddered when I realized that his lip was torn.

"I think I told you to back-off, Hunter," I nearly shouted. "Do you really want me to go," he leaned in more, "considering what happened between us earlier?"

"Yes," I replied, trying as hell to ignore his hot breath on my lips. "I regret what happened between us. It was a mistake. It will never happen again," I lied. Even though I wanted to, but I didn't regret what happened. "Really?" Our eyes connect and his gaze dropped to my lips. Oh, no. please, no. I would never be able to stop this. His lips part and they slowly started to lower to mine. I hold my breath. I snapped my eyes close and I knew he was just inches away.

Do something, Kiera! Why was I doing anything?

"Kiera."

Shit.

This can't be happening.

When I opened my eyes, Hunter was smiling a wicked smile. He had backed away a little and I could see a figure near the staircase. I pressed my hands on Hunter's chest and pushed him back.

"R-R-R-Ryan," I was shivering. "What the fuck was happening?" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "Not-hing. We w-ere jus-t-tal-kin-g," I stammered. "I don't think that was talking!" he shouted. I looked at Hunter for him to say something but he just shrugged his shoulders at me and smiled. What else could I expect?