MEETINGS

*The picture above is Kiera.*

*************************

MEETINGS

"Kid."

"Hey, Kid?" a deep voice said again startling me awake.

I quickly opened my eyes to see who it was and surprisingly it was the fat man sitting next to me, gawking at me.

"Yes?" I mumbled.

"The plane has landed." He pointed towards the empty plane.

"Oh shit" I quickly got up and assembled the things I had. "Thank you." I smiled at the fat man. I know it's rude to say fat but I couldn't think of any other word to describe him.

"No worries." He smiled and walked away from me.

I finally grabbed my things and noticed that the fat man was gone. I walked pass the seats and got off the plane. A wave of chill air slapped me. Goosebumps covered my arms. The air was definitely light and fresh than Colorado. I was excited to see more of Manhattan when the idea hitted me that I had no clue where to go. Well, if I hadn't slept the whole trip I would've known where to go. I wandered around, lost, when I noticed the sign 'Exit'.

I ran towards the sign and exited the portal and when I was out, "Great" was the first word I could say when I saw the view. And by the way, it was not in a good way. People were rushing here and there and then I got to realize I was lost. I didn't have cell phone either so that I could call Mrs. Grey to come and find me.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" someone said behind me.

I turned around to see if he was talking to me and i caught my breath when my eyes landed on him. A boy was standing in front of me, white shirt and black jeans, messy blonde hair and green eyes with a pinch of hazel. I noticed he had a lip piercing on the left corner of his lips.

"If you're done checking me out, I asked you something?" he tried to hide his laugh.

God, Kiera. Why do you have to stare?!

"Uhm... I'm sorry, but were you talking to me?" I asked clearing my throat clearly trying to hide my embarrassment.

A boyish smile covered his lips, "Yes, Kiera. I was talking to you."

"How do you know my name?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"I'm Ryan Maxwell" he replied, walking towards me. Like I was supposed to know who that was.

"Uhm... Do I know you?" I asked again.

He chuckled again. Will he stop laughing for once?

"We're going to share home together." He told me.

As he came close to me, I could notice him more clearly. His blonde hair was spiked but they were still smoky. His high cheekbones sat perfectly on his face along with his sharp jaw line. And not to mention, he wasn't very tall enough because he towered me from just few inches and I'm 5'5.

I gulped, "How do you know my name?" I asked nervously.

He chuckled again, "I did answer that the first time but I think you were too busy to check me out that you didn't hear me." He said still laughing at me.

Shit! I embarrassed myself twice in less than 5 minutes.

"I'm one of Rose's foster kids. She showed me a picture of you at the house and she thought you might have had gotten lost so she send me out to find you." He told me.

"Okay." Was all that I could say because I didn't wanted to embarrass myself again.

I looked up at him again only to see him watching me intently. I looked into his eyes and his eyes bore into mine with much intensity and it made me so much uncomfortable. A feeling I haven't felt in a long time rushed through me right then and there. Trust. I quickly backed away from him. The only person I can trust is me.

"Okay, let's get you to Rose so that we can go home." He said. I just nodded my head.

Home? Such a funny word. What does that word even mean? I haven't felt like home in 10 years and this man walking in front of me is saying that he'll take me home? Like this house is going to be any different from the rest? But I had no other choice, I had to follow him.

Ryan guided me through the sea of people in the airport and I had to walk really fast to keep up with him. The people around me were passing me in a blur.

"Oh, there you are! I was worried about you two." A woman rushed to us.

I looked up at her and saw the same face I had seen in the photograph in the file that Leah had given me. "It's okay, mom. Kiera was lost, as you said" Ryan laughed again. Wait, did he just called Mrs. Grey mom? He did said he's a foster kid, right? He was allowed to call her mother?

I just ignored all that shit, "I'm Kiera Summers," I said sticking out my hand for Rose to shake it. But instead she pulled me in an awkward hug. Oh yeah, I just love hugs from strangers. "Thank you accepting me in your house, Mrs. Grey" I said while trying to pull me from that awkward hug.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine, sweetie. And yeah, call me Rose or mom. Whatever you prefer" she said with a bright smile on her face.

Am I still sleeping? Because this clearly looks like dream. She just called me sweetie? And said I can call her mom? This doesn't seem like reality.

"Come on, mom. Let's go. It's getting late. Everyone is waiting for Kiera at the house." Ryan said.

"Yes, yes let's go." Rose wrapped her arms around me and it was really awkward for me to have so much human contact but I didn't say anything since she was being nice to me.

We walked out of the airport and I noticed a mustang standing in front me. "Is this your car?" I whispered to Rose. "Yes, dear. You didn't like it?" she asked. "No, no. It's great." I replied immediately because I didn't want any punishments for being rude to her. I sat at the back of the car and saw that Rose was sitting in the passenger seat and Ryan was the one who was going to drive. I wanted to ask why Ryan was driving since it was Rose's car but I didn't because I didn't want any punishments for asking too many questions. Last time when I asked two questions at a time to Mrs. Rockwell, she hitted me with a leather belt and I still have a slight bruise of that on my back.

I was silent the whole trip and Ryan and Rose was talking. Ryan did try to talk to me but I didn't say much to him so he understood that I wasn't in a mood of talking.

After a good thirty minute drive, we finally pulled into a long driveway. The sun was starting to set but you could still clearly see. The air in my lung almost evaporated when I took a look at the house.

It was huge! I don't think you could say it was a house, it was a mansion! It was at least four stories. I immediately regretted that I had to clean this big house. It would take me forever. And to cook for six people...

Both Rose and Ryan looked at me, "Welcome home, Kiera." They both said in a sync.

Home? Could this house really be my home?

********************************

Hey, guys. I hope you're liking this story!

Don't forget to vote/comment/share.

Next part will be uploaded soon!

You Belong To MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara