CHOOSING SIDES

CHOOSING SIDES

We were having our breakfast in silence. Ryan was sitting beside me, dressed in a red t-shirt and blue jeans, his blonde hair sat perfectly on his head this time. Hunter was in front of me in a dark green sando which showed off his hard biceps, black jeans and his hair were messy but still sexy like always. I noticed a bandage on the left corner of his forehead which covered his bruise from the other day. Jason and Camilla had gone out for camping with their friends for three days, so it just left me, Ryan, Hunter and Rose in the house.

"Uhh... Rose," Hunter broke the silence between us. It was unusual because Hunter never spoke much during breakfast unless he's asked too.

"Yes?" she asked coldly.

"Dina's parents' are going to Florida to visit her grandmother and she's alone here so she asked if she could stay over here for a few days. If you allow her," he said in a breath.

What? Now he's asking Rose to let his girlfriend come over?

"No way," Ryan spoke up before she did, "I'm not letting her come here," he completed. Why does Ryan have to speak every time on Hunter's matters? I know he doesn't like him but I've noticed he's the one who starts the fight. Everytime.

I peeped up at Hunter; he clenched his jaw, gulped hard and closed his eyes for a moment. "Will you let her come or not?" he asked again, looking up at Rose.

"Okay, if you promise to keep her safe," Rose said.

Safe?

"Okay, thank you," with that Hunter stood up from his chair and walked up to his room. I heard Ryan murmured something inaudible under his breath. I was going to ask him but I didn't.

After breakfast I was back in my room again. I had nothing much to do in this house. Nothing at all. I asked Rose if she could use my help but she said no. Ryan said that he had some work so he'll catch up with me later. So I was alone. I took out my mobile and thought on reading something. I searched for the Twilight series, which is my favorite of all time, and started reading it. I am a die-hard fan of Twilight. I've read this novel thrice before so this was my fourth time. I could read this all day. I was just about to start with the first chapter when a message popped up.

Ryan: Is Hunter with you?

Why was he asking that?

Me: No, why?

Ryan: Can you go and check if he's home? Please?

Didn't Ryan told me stay away from him and now he's asking me to go and check up on him? Has he lost it?

Me: I'm not going to see him.

Ryan: Please

Me: No

Ryan: Please

Me: Ryan, no

Ryan: JUST DO AS I SAY!

He was shouting at me? Why? And why does he even care if Hunter isn't home? Something serious was going on.

Me: Why do you wanna know if he's home?

Ryan: That's none of your concern. Just go and check

Ugh! He was bossing me!

Me: Fine!

I got up from my bed, swinged open my door and walked towards Hunter's room. I thought of knocking first, but, I didn't. I just turned the knob and unfortunately the door wasn't locked and I found a lean, stretched out, shirtless Hunter on the bed. He looked at me with a confused look. He was busy on his mobile too but he didn't bother to get up. I stared at him for a moment and then quickly closed the door. Doesn't he have a shirt? He's without shirt most of the time.