DEVIL BY MY SIDE

DEVIL BY MY SIDE

Next morning, I was welcomed by destructive news. Ryan and Rose were going out of town for a week to sell some property that considers Rose and Camilla and Jason were staying at the camp for three more days which leaves me and Hunter alone in the house. Shit! That was the last thing I needed on this planet. Ryan did ask me to come with him but Rose said that she's receiving some important papers considering her adoption and she can't trust Hunter with that so she requested me to stay and receive the papers for her, which I agreed to.

By 9 am, I was left alone in the house, with Hunter. Him being in the house or not being in the house is same for me.

Anyways, I was lying on the couch, flipping through at least twenty channels and finally landed to one which was telecasting Game Of Thrones. And... two minutes later, I was accompanied by a whistling Hunter. He was in a casual teal shirt, two buttons opened at the top, a pair of blue jeans and his hair like always messy but still sexy. While I... I was in a maroon top with black shorts and my hair tied in a messy bun.

"Hey, baby. What're you watching?" he jumped on the couch beside me and I shifted away from his warmth. By the way, I didn't answer his question.

Suddenly, my phone started dancing on the table and I quickly picked it up.

Ryan: U k?

Me: Yup ;)

Ryan: What r u doing'?

"Go ahead, tell him I'm raping you," there was humor in Hunter's voice which by the way didn't make me laugh.

Me: Just watching GOT

Ryan: K, enjoy :)

Me: :)

I was staring at the TV again, which Hunter had flipped into a football match. "Why didn't you go with him?" he asked. I didn't reply him, again. I was silent.

I heard him sucking in a heavy breath, "Are you trying to ignore me, Kiera?"

I don't even know myself that why I was ignoring him. Maybe because Ryan told me to? Or maybe Hunter said himself to stay away from him?

"Are you gonna answer?" he asked again, totally sounding irritated this time.

Except for answering him, I thought it'd be better if I just walk away. So, I stood up and turned to leave but a hand gripped my right wrist strongly and I was turned harshly and finally crashed into something which felt like a concrete.

I smelled him. That familiar smell of aftershave.

I opened my eyes and my head was buried into his chest, my one hand resting on his chest and the other still in his grip.

"You listen to your boyfriend too much, huh?" he whispered huskily into my ear.

"You yourself told me to stay away from you," I whispered. His calm heartbeat was clearly audible to me. He chuckled and his chest vibrated, "Since when you started to listen to me?"

I did hear his question but I accept I didn't have an answer for that, nor did I try to back away from him, which was awkward. His warmth was making me feel comfortable, which was way too weird. I don't know why I was having this feeling.

When I didn't answer for a long time, he finally backed a bit away from me and grabbed my chin by his thumb and index finger and forced me to look up into his eyes, "You didn't answer my question," he had his stupid smirk on. "Maybe I don't want to," I finally replied, gazing directly into his eyes. His eyes furrowed for a moment, his smirk vanishing but it didn't took much time for it to come back. He let go of my chin but I was still facing him. He leaned in a bit, so close that his lips nearly touched my chin, "I've told you before, Kiera. Gazing is such a bad habit," his voice was very heavy. "I'm not gazing," I breathed. He again chuckled. He pulled his face up to meet my eyes, "Oh? So, you're not enjoying me being close to you?" he asked.