Radiating Chemistry

*Original Point of View*
I awoke to the warmth and brightness to the morning sunlight shining in my face. I heard Hermione's and Ginny chattering and their feet shuffling against the wooden floor. I forced myself to sit up and yawned.
   Hermione looked at me, "Geez, Crystal. When did you come to bed last night?"
   I rubbed my eyes and paused to think. I was a bit baffled. I met her gaze, "I... don't remember. I don't even remember ever even coming up here."
   Ginny walks over to me, "How do you not remember? You're here aren't you?"
   "Yes, but..." I stopped.
   "But...?"
   I sighed, "I really don't remember. However, I do remember falling asleep in the common room."
   They both looked at me confused, but promptly went back to getting dressed. I got out of bed and wore one of my favorite autumn outfits. ->Cute-fall-outfits (again no purse) and I curled my hair.
   "Looking good, Crystal!" Ginny smirked.
   I smiled back and the three of us exited the room and out of the common room. We strutted to the great hall, knowing we could be strong and confident. I felt all eyes burrowing on us as we entered the great hall. Glares from girls and dropped jaws from the guys. As we sat down, the room broke out into murmurs. The three of us were laughing and joking around when the guys showed up. Our laughter echoed through the hall and people stared at us. I don't believe any of us cared. Suddenly the others paused and looked up behind me. Harry and Ron just stared, Hermione and Ginny broke into giggles. Oh no. I slowly looked up to find the familiar mocha brown eyes, glimmering with warmth and interest.
   I smiled shyly, "Good morning, Oliver."
   Smiling back, "Good morning, L-... Crystal."
   I raised an eyebrow at his change in word choice. I wonder if he was about to say some other girl's name. The thought made my heart turn to lead, sinking to the depths of my chest as an anchor in the ocean. I noticed the others were trying to pretend like they weren't listening, they were frozen.
   "So, Crystal?" he started.
   "Yes?"
   He licked his lips and bit his bottom lip, "I was wondering if you'd like to take a walk with me in about an hour. You know, to show you around."
   I looked at the others. Hermione and Ginny nodded subtly but eagerly. I looked over to my other side. In the midst of the laughter and smiles of the rainbow of people at the table, I was stunned to see Percy glaring at Oliver. Even more angrily than when he glares at Fred and George. I then realized I paused too long.
   "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry I bothered you."
   I flipped, "No, Oliver wait."
   He looked at me, hope sparked in his eyes that was just glistening with disappointment a second ago.
   I softened my expression and gave him a sweet smile, meeting his gaze, "I would love to."
   His face lit up as a huge grin spread across his face, "That's great! Meet me at the main entrance when you're finished."
   I watched him walk out the grand doors of the great hall and out of sight. I glanced at Percy. His eyes burned with intense jealousy. He looked toward me and his gaze softened, giving me a small nod and gentle smile. I turned to the others to find all four of them with mischievous grins plastering their faces.
   "What?"
   They waved me off and went back to eating their breakfasts. After twenty minutes, I got up and told them I'd see them later. I could hear Hermione and Ginny giggling. I could also feel Percy's gaze annotating my every step until I too was out of sight.
   Oliver was waiting for me as promised. He almost pranced to me. I got nervous when he came really close to me, but he immediately took a step back, pinning his own arms to his sides. Was he going to give me a hug?
   "Ready for your grand tour?" he asked.
   I nodded shyly and followed him. He guided me down every corridor, hallway, corner, nook and cranny. Where each class was located and the quickest ways from one class to another. Oliver spoke with enthusiasm and tried to be as close as he could to me without it being creepy. After about an hour, we arrived back at the main entrance.
   I smiled at him, "Thank you, Oliver. That was a great tour."
   He was flustered, "Oh, it was nothing... There's still one more thing."
   I watched him walk to the door and open it.
   "You first, m'lady."
   I laughed and shook my head, stepping out the door. Oliver followed me and shut the door behind him.
   "Follow me," he grinned.
   Oliver took me down to the edge of the lake. A fallen tree lying on the shoreline, looking out at the entire scene. Oliver gathered a few flat stones in his sweater and sat on the smooth trunk. I swallowed the hard, nervous lump in my throat just watching him. 
   He looks back at me smiling and pats the spot next to him, "Come sit with me."
   I dragged my feet toward the tree and the handsome boy sitting on it. My heart pounded and my cheeks were scorched. I took great care in sitting down. Oliver smiled at me and pulled out one of the stones he had gathered.
   "Watch this."
   He stood up and threw the stone from the side. The surface of the water was so smooth, I was expecting the rock the shatter it as though it was delicate glass. Instead, it skipped along the surface with no effort. Oliver turned to me with a satisfied smile. I giggled as I stood up and walked over to him, taking a rock from his pocket and skipping further than his. He gave me a devious grin and skipped another that barely went farther than mine. For fifteen minutes, we threw the stones into the water, laughing and seeing who got the last say. I beat him by a smidge and I went back to the tree giggling. He grinned and came up to sit with me.
   "That was fun," he said.
   "It was," I smirked. "Nice tour ending."
   He looked at the ground and chuckled, "It wasn't actually part of the tour."
   I raised an eyebrow and looked at him, "Oh, really? Then what was it for?"
   His cheeks began to be brushed with pink and he bit his lip. Aw, he's nervous.
   "I want to tell you, but you might get freaked out."
   I scooted closer to him, "Just tell me."
   He laughed nervously, "I-I..." He pauses, licks his lips and chuckles again, "I wanted to have the chance to spend time with you before you were bulldozed by the other several hundred guys."
   I gave him a gentle smile, putting my hand on his shoulder, "That's sweet. What do you mean by 'bulldozed?'"
   He started to laugh, "Every guy here finds you very attractive. I wanted a shot before some "hot bad boy" took you for his own." He sighed and whispered, "have the chance to be able to carry you to bed if you fall asleep in the common room again."
   I froze, just staring at him. I looked over his slumping posture and saw him staring at the ground, looking sad.
   I swallowed hard, "It was you?"
   He sat up straight and looked at me, confusion shined in his eyes.
   I bit my lip and looked into his eyes, "You're the one who brought me to bed last night?"
   He nodded and looked away, as if ashamed, "You were sleeping on the couch. I didn't want to just leave you there."
   I didn't know what to say, but in all honesty, it was a sweet thing for him to do. I scooted up closer and wrapped my arms around him in a tight embrace. I could feel every muscle in his body tense up at my touch and he held his breath. After a few seconds  he relaxed and rested his chin on the top of my head.
   After a few minutes, we pulled apart and smiled at each other. The topic then turned to quidditch.
   "Have you ever played?" he asked me.
   I shook my head, "I don't even know the rules. I went to the world cup, but I couldn't really follow how it was played."
   Oliver started to think something over, then the sign of an idea molded his expression.
   "Would you like me to teach you?" he grinned.
   I grinned back, "I would like that."
   "Friday night after try-outs?" he asked looking super happy.
   I nodded with a bright smile. We soon headed back up to the castle and went back inside.
   "I should go find my friends, " I said to him. "Thank you for everything."
   He came closer to me, "you're welcome."
   He glanced down to the floor and back up to my gaze. His eyes mirrored the desire he had in his heart. Biting his lower lip, he started to lean in a little. My heart began to race, breath caught in my throat and palms to sweat. When his lips were about three inches from mine, he backed away.
   Regret shadowed his face and he sighed, then smiled at me, "See you around and I'll see you Friday." 
   I smiled back, "That's a promise."
   We turned and walked separate ways. I should of thought about telling Hermione and Ginny, instead, I just thought to myself: What held him back?...