Chapter 3: Fighting

The whole Chemistry class was laughs and talking. Liz never thought she would have gotten along with someone so fast. He was sweet, funny and is not the best at flirting, but he tries. 

She went through all the boring classes and then she had Art. Liz loved this class. She could express herself through paintings. And she wasnt too bad at it either.

She walked in to see Alex. She was beyond excited.

"Alex! Why are you taking art this year?" Liz asked excited

"Because i need a credit in FineArts before i graduate." Alex said with a 'why do you need to know' attitude.

"Well im glad we are in the same class." Liz said with a smile that didnt reach her eyes.

She didnt know what was wrong with Alex. Ever since she got a boyfriend she hasnt payed much attention to her. Its like she shut her out of her life. Um excuse me, her boyfriend hasnt been her friend since 3rd grade and told her everything.

Oh well. Her head would try and shake it off. But her heart couldnt.

Before she knew it class was over and it was time to go home. Liz quickly ran to her locker to pick up her things and headed out the door.

She had been waiting for Liam for an hour. Where was he? "God dammit Payne." Liz said angrily while picking up her books to go see where Liam was. Remember, he drives her to and from school EVERYDAY. Why did he forget her today? Or maybe he was doing something else.

She went back inside then school to look. First she looked in the Gym. Nothing. Then the Cafeteria. Nothing. "What the hell? Hes nowhere." Liz said a she threw her hands up in the air.

She walked out in front of the school again. Nothing. "Oh fucks sake" Liz said as she walked home.

Where could he be? What was he doing? This was on her mind all the way home. When she was about 10 minutes away when she saw a car pull up to her with a familiar face inside.

"Liz! im so so so sorry! I had some...um school work to catch up on." Liam said a little shaky.

"Why didnt you text me or anything?! i waited like an hour! and then i practically walked home." She said annoyed.

"Sorry. it wont happen again. Now climb in babe!" Liam said while Liz climbed in the passenger seat. 

------

"MOM. IM HOME." Liz yelled as she collapsed on the couch exhausted.

"Hey honey! how was your fist day?"

"It was really good. Theres this new kid, his name is Niall. He so sweet and gorgeous. And i dont know whats up with Alex lately but she hasnt been treating me the same. Like i feel replaced by Scott."

"ohh honey come here." She said while engulfing Liz in a hug.

"Everything will turn out fine. i promise." She said with a grin 

"Thanks mom, i really needed that." Liz she as she hugged her one more time and headed upstairs to her bedroom.

Liz's bedroom was lavender purple with posters everywhere. It was the perfect place to get away from it all.

She hopped on her bed and oped up her computer. A few minutes later she heard screaming coming from downstairs. She sneakily stepped down the stairs to hear her mom and dad fighting.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST YOUR JOB?"

"YEAH AND I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW CAN I? SO STOP YELLING AT ME."

"WELL WHEN WERE YOU EXPECTING TO TELL ME THIS? HOW LONG HAVE YOU GONE WITHOUT A JOB?!"

"7 months.."

"YOU NEED TO GO AND GET A JOB OR ELSE WE WILL LOSE THIS HOUSE!" 

"WELL ITS NOT HAPPENING ANYTIME SOON."

Liz felt the tears welling up in her eyes. She couldn't stand to hear her parents fight. And Lately its been going on alot. The screaming has become louder, and the hate stronger. 

-------

She woke up the next morning feeling great. She Liked school, but not learning part.

Liz prepared herself for the day and while she was applying the last of her makeup she heard a car horn. It's Liam.

She ran downstairs to find her parents fighting over something stupid again.

"Can you guys just quit it. Your fighting over breakfast. How low can you get?" and with that she grabbed an apple from the table, and headed off.