when he swims

jeongguk spent the night outside and alone with his thoughts. 

he loved yoongi, he loved jimin, he loved taehyung, he loved namjoon and hoseok and seokjin. he loved them all with everything he had, which honestly wasn't much.

he had only presented a year before he met his mate, that isn't nearly enough time for him to mature. 

he walked in circles, sluggishly putting one paw in front of the other. 

it was no surprise to him. he knew his omega and betas liked their other alphas more, they were better than him anyway. they could control their words, they knew boundaries that he hadn't yet learned. there was a downside to having many mates, that was something he wished he knew. when you fuck up with one, you fuck up with all. 

not even his eldest hyung would want to help him now. 

he reached a lake, deciding to go for a swim in an attempt to clear his mind. the water was freezing, making him smile inside, if his mates being mad at him wasn't punishment enough than the freezing water he had submerged himself in was. he knew he deserved it, even if he got hypothermia, it wouldn't ever equal the pain that he had put his mates through. 

he felt warm inside at the thought of his mates all cuddled up together, imagining yoongi between namjoon and hoseok, jimin and taehyung curled into their eldest hyung's warm embrace. 

he wondered who would want to be in his arms, letting out a dry chuckle when he remembered that his mates hated him. 

he swam deeper, unable to touch the bottom. his lungs were burning, the cold night air was in no way helping him breathe. he felt as if he was drowning. 

after a few hours, he swam to shore, not bothering to shake the water out of his fur before laying on the hard ground, curling into a ball and letting reality hit him. 

if he didn't learn how to be a proper wolf than he would die of rejection. 

(word count: 347)