Home isn't always a Shelter

In the following months they spent every waking moment together that they could. They swam, they hiked, they biked, they kissed, and they gave each other their numbers. But like every good thing, seeing each other every day at camp had to come to an end. The two girls got on the bus and sat next to each other. Ob the ride they cuddled and cried. the bus pulled into the parking lot they hugged and agreed they would call each other at least once every day. 

                                 Ruby's dad Tai was there to pick her up. They get in his car and the drive back home.

                                "So how was camp?" he asks. 

                                "Pretty good," she responds  

                                 "Did you make any new friends while you were there,"

                                  "Yeah, something like that,"

                                "Did you meet a boy that you like?"

                                  "No, dad I didn't," Ruby says sharply.

                                 "Do not take that tone with me young lady, I am your father,"

                                  "Sorry,"

                                 "Now I pray that you find a nice boy that you can settle down with, don't you?"

                                "Yes father,"

                     They are quite for the rest of the ride home. When they get home Ruby immediately grabs her bags and runs to her room. She unpacks then lays on her bed and starts texting Weiss. About three weeks go by and they are still in touch and in love. But then one day in the middle of one of their calls Raven walks in. 

                    "Ruby why the fuck are there still dirty dishes in the sink?" she says quickly noticing that Ruby is laying on her bed calling someone. "Better yet who the fuck are you calling?" she asks storming over to her step daughter.

                    "Just a friend,"

                       "Bullshit!" Raven yells yanking the phone out of Ruby's hands.

                    "The hell! give it back!"

                       "Why the hell are there so many hearts around this bitches name?"

                     "Because we're best friends! Now can I have my phone back?"

                     "Hold on," Raven says hanging up on Weiss and starts to go through her messages with Weiss. "For being best friends you sure do say "I love you a lot" and why the hell if you are just best friends would you say "I miss that hike we went on where we kissed underneath the stars" Ruby is there something you want to tell me?" 

                  "Yeah fuck you,"

                   "Don't speak to me like that!" Raven yells smacking her step daughter across the face. "Now I want you to either pack up and leave a suitable shelter with a caring family or break up with this bitch,"

                              "I'll pack," Ruby says taking her phone back. This makes Raven slap her again then leaves Ruby's room. Ruby starts crying. She looks at her phone and sends a quick text to Weiss simply saying "Soon," Ruby then packs a duffle bag and leaves saying bye to no one for Yang is barely home because she moved into an apartment with her girlfriend Blake. Ruby then sends a text to Yang asking if she can stay there for a bit. Yang almost immediately responds yes.  She then starts walking to her sisters apartment which is about twenty miles away.