...away,

"Did you get the answer for this number?" Kailey asked.

Jane peered into her friend's maths copybook and read the question. Smiling, she leaned closer to Kailey as she started explaining the steps to find the answer.

Realization dawned on Kailey and she gave a sheepish smile to Jane. "Oh it was that easy. Thanks," she said in a shy voice.

"Don't worry Kailey. It happens. Even I tend to forget what 2 multiplied by 2 is sometimes," Jane said and gave a reassuring squeeze to her friend's hand.

The shrill sound of the bell was heard. Students scurried to get out of the classroom while Mr. Johnson, the maths teacher kept barking out the homeworks. Jane quickly scribbled down the page and numbers to complete before she gathered her things and followed Kailey out of the class.

"Alright, I'll see you later. I have to get to Physics early to prepare for the practice," Kailey said as she rushed to get her books out of her locker.

"Yeah sure. See you later," Jane waved at her friend before she set off towards the school's library.

She had a free period and was intending to seize the opportunity to complete her maths homework. Whenever there was any free time, that's what she liked to do. She disliked letting the homeworks accumulate too much because then it would mean that she would have to spend her weekends with her nose in her books. She prefered to relax during weekends and be free from school works. Unless there was some bulky presentations or research work to be done, then that was another story.

She hopped up the stairs and reached the library. She pushed open the glass doors and was met by complete silence. She whispered a brief greeting to the librarian who smiled at her. Her eyes then scanned the half filled library searching for a table to settle. Almost every tables were taken up by a handful of students doing their homework or simply reading a book or magazine.

Her eyes settled on a table which was occupied by only one guy. She walked towards that table thinking that there would be enough space for her to lay her books and not disturb the guy.

As she stepped closer and closer to the table, she started recognizing the guy. The latter was focused on whatever he was writing in his notebook and from time to time he would bobbed his head to the music he was listening through his headphones.

Jane tapped the shoulder of the guy, gaining his attention. She smiled when their eyes met.

"Hi Samuel," Jane greeted in a low voice as she took a seat on the chair across from him.

"Jane! Hi, how are you?" Samuel Ryder greeted back in a whisper. He pulled his headphones away and kept them in his bag.

"I'm good and you?" Jane asked, the smile not leaving her face.

It was such a long time since she had seen Samuel. They had been partners a couple of times in English class and had been working together for presentations. They would often come to the library to work on their projects. Recently, they didn't get the chance to meet often since there has been some changes and the English class was separated into two different groups, with two different teachers.

"I'm fine. It's been such a long time," Samuel said and shook his head while smiling.

Jane nodded. "Anyways what are you up to?" she asked as she eyed his copybook.

"Oh! I'm actually catching up on the Physics notes. I was absent a couple of times last week and I missed a great deal. I borrowed my dude's copybook to copy his notes," he explained and gestured to the two copybooks in front of him.

"Hmm...okay," Jane said as she eyed her friend closely. He looked stressed. "What's the matter?" she asked.

Samuel hesitated before he sighed and looked up at Jane. "It's just that...I have an English essay on conservation last period and I was hoping to do some research on it but I don't know if I would have time to finish all that," he said in a dejected voice. "And Jacob is expecting me to return him his notes after this period."

Jane pursed her lips. She pondered over the situation and wondered what she could do to help Samuel. She looked down at her own books and copybooks and then at those of her friend. To be honest, hers were not really that important to complete right away. For once she can just keep them all for the weekends.

"I have an idea," she said with an encouraging smile.

Samuel's eyes lit up with hope and he waited for Jane to continue. "Give me your notebook, I'll copy the rest of the notes for you. You can go and prepare for your English essay," she stated and reached forward to grab the copybooks.

Samuel's hand reached forward and grabbed Jane's wrist. "Are you sure? I mean, don't you have your own work to complete?" he asked worriedly.

Jane shook her head. "Nah it's nothing important," she said and pulled her wrist away from Samuel's hold.

She pushed her books away and settled the Physics copybooks in front of her. Her eyes roamed across the notes and it felt as if she was reading Chinese. She was not really fan of science but right now, it didn't matter whether she was fond of it or not.

Samuel began instructing her what to copy and a minute later, Jane set to work. Meanwhile, Samuel started revising his notes on conservation and looking for further information from the encyclopedias found in the library.

The bell rang and just in time, Jane finished writing the last sentence. "Done!" she said with a smile.

Samule grinned at her and gathered his copybooks. They both stood up and without warning, Samuel pulled Jane into a hug.

"Thank you so much," he whispered before releasing a stunned Jane. "You're an angel!"

"Oh you're welcome," she said and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She was blushing at the compliment.

It was so rare hearing others complimenting her. She felt awkward and didn't know how react in situations like this.

_____________________________________
Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think. Don't forget to fill that little star too.
_____________________________________
Stay beyoutiful,
Peace!