BETTER OFF ALONE

If I'm honest,
maybe we're better off alone

"Felix! Felix, come downstairs!" Hyunjin yelled from the kitchen, scaring the blonde who ran down the stairs, stopping when he saw the brunette laughing,

"Wh- you scared me! What is it?" The blonde sighed heavily,

"Sorry, but I knew it'd be funny," Hyunjin smiled, walking around the island to be closer to Felix, "Well. Changbin and I were wondering if you wanted to go on a road trip around the beaches? or the cities here?"

"Oh, really? When? And... why do you want me to come with you?"

"Like this weekend! And because you're Australian! you know everything about this place!"

Felix's smile dropped a bit as he nodded, why was I hoping there was another reason?..

"Yeah, sounds fun." He mumbled, turning around and going towards the stairs,

"Wait, lix-"

Felix turned around and tilted his head

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I'm all good.."

Hyunjin sighed and stepped forward, pulling the blonde close and hugging him,

"I don't know what's going on lately...but I know you're upset.. you can talk to me, you know that right?"

Felix teared up and let his hands rest on Hyunjin's back,

"Lix, you do know that rig- Oh no, what's wrong? Why are you tearing up?" Hyunjin asked worriedly. The australian just looked at him, his bottom lip forming a pout as tears began to fall down his face. He hid his face in the taller boy's chest and began weeping lightly, gripping the fabric of Hyunjin's shirt.

"Woah woah woah... okay..." Hyunjin's voice softened as he held the blonde close with one hand, running his free hand through his hair, "Shh.. you're okay lix.. it's okay..."

"What's wrong?" Changbin stepped into the kitchen, setting down groceries hurriedly, immediately walking over and hugging felix from behind. This only made Felix cry more.

He loved the feeling of being held by them, and he shouldn't have. Hyunjin and Changbin are married. They're the happy couple, they're the ones deserving of happiness, not Felix. Felix merely liked the both of them.. or did he love them? That didn't matter. He needed to drop it. He needed to find interest and happiness elsewhere. He couldn't be the one to split the Hwangs up after they finally got back together and worked everything out. He refused to hurt the people he loved. He needed to put on a brave face and hide his stupid feelings.

"Lixie.. what's wrong?" Changbin whispered next to his ear,

Felix shook his head and slowly pulled away from their embrace, wiping his face, "I.. I'm sorry I don't know why.. I did that."

Hyunjin sighed and shook his head, "Yeah you do. But if you aren't ready to talk.. or you don't want to talk to us about it... that's okay. Just know we're here for you. No matter what, okay?"

"Yeah.."

Changbin sighed, "I was gonna save this but.. " he walked over to the bag of groceries and pulled out three beer bottles and handed them out, "Let's cheer you up, lee."

Felix's lips slowly curled up, he was smiling softly and nodded, all three of them clinking their bottles and taking drinks

-----

"Y'know, it- it's just fuckin crazy!" changbin laughed allowed laying on the floor.

"Wh-what is?" Felix hiccuped, staring at him worriedly

"That this is our life!" He laughed again, "I mean shit! I dated Felix, online, while he was waiting around for Hyunjin, formerly named "foreign boy", to get back. Felix and I broke up and then I MARRIED FOREIGN BOY!"

Felix's face dropped a bit, but the amount of alcohol they'd had was making him woozy so he had no filter, "How do you think I feel?"

After he let out a bitter chuckle, Hyunjin who'd barely touched a drop, leaned forward a bit and looked at Felix, "Hey.. are you okay?"

"y'know what jinnie... I'm not.. I'm not okay. This.. ugh." Felix sighed heavily and held his head in his hands.

"You can tell us anything, lixie.." Changbin leaned forward and took his hand, sipping on another bottle,

"No! No I can't!" Felix almost yelled, grasping his hair, "I can't tell anyone. I have to keep it all in and im losing my mind!"

"W-what do you mean?... You can tell us anything. We love and care about you. You're like our best friend..." Hyunjin spoke softly, attempting to keep him calm.

"That!" Felix pulled his hand away from changbin's, taking a deep breath and standing, "that's the problem.."

"What?! That makes no sense, Lee." Changbin sighed , beginning to get annoyed. He'd drank far too much and now any bit of anger he had was elevated way too far.

The blonde scoffed, "Are you guys oblivious?"

"Oblivious to what?! What the hell are we supposed to fucking know if you don't tell us?!" the ravennette stood up, his face flushed from the alcohol.

"Oblivious that I've fucking loved you both for as long as I can fucking remember! I couldn't even consider talking to other people people because when I fucking tried both of you filled my motherfucking head!" Felix screamed grabbing his phone and charger off the floor, sliding his shoes on,

"Felix wait! Don't go anywhere, you're too drunk!" Hyunjin tried to object, only to get shoved away by the blonde

"Don't touch him!" Changbin yelled, shoving Felix back.

The blonde's eyes widened in what looked like a mix of both fear and pain, "what the hell does that mean?"

"Don't. touch. him. Don't lay your hands on him!"

"Are you fucking joking?"

"Do you see me laughing?" Changbin scoffed

"What? Do I disgust you now? Sorry for telling you what you asked me to."

"Why the hell would you disgust me?! Im sorry I don't want you to shove my husband around."

"Do you even-" Felix stopped as his voice wavered , tears filling his eyes, "Do you even care that I just confessed to you? Do you understand how much all of this has hurt me?"

"What? Us being happy? Felix, im sorry it wasn't with you, I mean shit, we fell in love. shit fucking happens. why do you have your panties in a fucking twist?" Changbin scoffed again, pushing the blonde back.

"y'know what?" Felix laughed bitterly, shaking his head, glancing at hyunjin, then at changbin, "forget it. stay happy. "

A few seconds later the front door slammed, and along with the happy mood that was previously there, Felix was gone.