Chapter 13

“Lukas, stop.”

The fact that Nikolas is still saying that to me was amazing. I slammed the front door to my room shut but he caught it before it hit his face, and slammed it close behind him. I ignored the shouts of protests and the pounding on the other side of the door coming from uncle Serge when I started walking towards the bed.

“Lukas stop.” Nikolas said again. “There are many things that you don’t understand right now, you are just a pup. Now stop being so stubborn, I didn’t mean to hurt you just listen to me…” I tsked angrily, and balled my hands up fists at my sides, a tick forming in my jaw.

“Give me one good reason why I should listen to you. I just want to know what’s going on without all this secrecy, I’m not an idiot Nikolas! I know there’s something going on that you know that you aren’t telling me!” I snarled viciously, baring my fangs at him. Did he think that I wouldn't be able to handle it?

I know I was being a brat, I know that I should keep big mouth shut and just shut up. But I was too riled up to give two craps. I’m so tired of everybody walking over me as if I were broken egg shells or something. I was sixteen for Goddess sakes, not twelve.

Nikolas grimaced and rubbed the back of his head, when I whipped my body around as the sudden anger from before shot back up. “Leave me alone!” I yelled angrily, walking away from him, but Nikolas had other ideas, he sighed and grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking away from him. “You know I can’t do that Lukas, listen to me...please.”  I tsked.

“And why should I!?  You were the one that said that you wanted to be with me. That you refused to stay away from me, and now all of a sudden you want to run away again. What are you so scared of Nikolas!? You know I won’t leave you!” I cried out exasperatedly.

“Because i’m your mate.” He said flatly, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I shook my head at him in disbelief. If he were really my mate, he wouldn’t be like this. He would fight to be with me, despite everything that’s thrown at us. “If you were really my mate you’d tell me, you’d trust me enough to be able to.” I hissed through clenched teeth, and started pushing Nikolas back towards the door.

“Now get out of my room!” I cried, surprising him. Nothing I said to him just now, got through to his thick skull. It was annoying. I don’t know how uncle Logan or my uncle Serge could stand him sometimes.

I took the chance and opened the door to shove him out.  He sputtered a little and tried coming back in, only for me to slam the door as I slid down against it. I muffled a scream when I put my head into my lap.

Where we really meant to be mates? Maybe the Goddess made a mistake. Maybe she just set up this whole sick prank only to get a good laugh at us. What if Nikolas didn’t want me anymore?

The door knocked again, snapping me out of my thoughts,  “leave me the hell alone!” I barked, anger pouring over me in waves. The door opened anyways making frown as I sat up while getting out of the way, when Darren walked into the room with his hands stuffed into his pockets.  He glanced around awkwardly before giving m me a once over and smiled. But it looked forced, as he shut the door quietly behind him.  

He raised an eyebrow at me when I walked to my bed, sat down on it and curled myself up into a ball. Darren took a couple of cautious steps forward before sitting down on the edge of my bed; grabbing a book that was on the nightstand.

“You’re doing more yelling lately....what’s wrong Lukas? Its not like you...you know we just want to protect you.”  I scoffed, rolling my eyes and blowing my bangs that covered my eyes away.

“Yeah, says the one who didn’t actually want me to leave earlier.” I muttered. Darren let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. “Your father is right.” That caught my attention, I sat the book down to the nightstand and glared up at him.