Chapter 3

My throat felt dry, clammy, and tight as my hands shook from the dread that swept through my bones. My blood rushed and pumped in my veins, and I was scared. Deathly afraid of my brothers, as they all stared down on me me with cold and dark  eyes. Especially Urian. He was the one that hated me the most out of the others, for reasons that nobody knows.

My fingers were twitching at the sides, as it felt like hands were clenching around my throat, making it impossible to swallow. Sweat trickled and glistened across my forehead and down the base of my neck. As Urian arched an eyebrow at me and smirked sickenly.

Everyone was afraid of something, and my dad Callias, always told me to use fear as an opportunity to concur your weaknesses. But...right now, I was like a chicken walking around with its fucking head off. Whoop-dee-do. Urian walked forward so that he stood a good feet or so away from me and crossed his arms.

He tilted the heels of his feet back and forth and chuckled darkly when he suddenly stopped and marched straight up to my face. "Boo." He whispered, and flicked me on my nose.

"Knock it off Urian, we have a pack meeting to go to." Right now? Urian smirked, "you heard him, move short stack." My eyes widened as he pulled the book out of my hands and held it up high.

"No!" I began jumping up and down, just  trying to catch it and all Urian did was laugh. He never gave me a break! That fucking prick! Urian snorted and began throwing the book back to Talon, who laughed wildly, and threw it back to Urian. It was like playing monkey in the middle, only, I was the monkey.

I grumbled to myself and bit my lip when they kept going at it for awhile, until Talon's butter fingers missed the next catch and my book was thrown against the wall. Making the pages of it fly all over, and my heart sink to the pit of my stomach.

"Sorry not sorry!" He sang with a ring as Talon and Urian began to walk out of my room, laughing and highfiving each other like some big biggots. I frowned as I bent down and shakily went to grab my now destroyed book, when a hand reached out and beat me to it.

"I'm sorry that this happened Lukas." Callem murmured as he handed me what was left of my book. I nodded my head stiffly in thanks and took it from him. "Its not your fault." I breathed. "Yeah, but I should have done something about it." He deadpanned. "Whats with the sudden pack meeting?" I asked curiously while placing my book back on the shelf where it belonged, right next to Charles Dickens. Its not in alphabetical order, but i'll have to fix that later.

I frowned and bit my lip at the torn pages, and carefully pushed the book back in so that it aligned perfectly with Charles Dicken. "Lukas...what are you doing?" Talon teased, I jumped a little in surprise and pulled my hand back.

"N-nothing." I muttered. "Sure..." he whispered, my left eye twitched a little when he suddenly stood up next to the bookshelf and pulled out Moby Dick. He pulled it out so that it wasn't perfectly aligned with Charles Dickens.

Callem smirked teasingly as his eyes glowed when I went back up to the bookshelf and aligned it back in place. I let out a deep sigh of relief when I did. I hated it when things were out of place. From the corner of my eye, Callem laughed and playfully slapped my back. "You're such a little weirdo." He murmured, there's nothing wrong with being weird. I think.

At least, I think...."why did Alpha Serge initiate a pack meeting?" I asked. Callem frowned and crossed his arms. "Dunno', but it seems like it has to be something big if he's called in few of the neighboring packs, that also includes the Amethyst pack." I frowned even deeper at that. This had to be big if Alpha Serge called in the neighboring packs at this hour, and on the last minute. "We have to get down stairs Lukas, you can finish your homework later you little nerd." He teased as he ruffled my hair out of place.