Chapter Twenty Two

I was already waiting outside when Bryce pulled into my street. I was sitting on a chair, my hands resting on a small coffee table. Alice had told me that our small veranda was too plain, so she went out and purchased a table and chair set, even though there wasn't anything to look at. However, since she had left, I found myself sitting out here more and more often.

Maybe I should give her a call, yes, I would give her a call. As soon as I had met up with these people and gathered a spare moment, I would pick up the phone and give my younger sister a call.

I stood up out of the chair and walked down to Bryce's car. Pulling open the door and sitting down.

"Good morning," I said, flattening my dress and pulling the door closed, allowing Bryce to kickstart the motor and move onto the road.

"And good morning to you! I must say, Rose, I have a good feeling about today. DO you know where you want to go first?" He replied excitedly, 

I opened up the notebook that I had resting in my hands, "I want to go see the doctor. He has a meeting at lunchtime, and then he is booked out with appointments for the rest of the day. I don't really want to wait for tomorrow to go see him, so we're stuck with this morning. Afterwards, we'll head into town and then to the main police department. He shouldn't be hard to find."

Bryce nodded, "Makes sense. So what are we going to be talking about exactly? I so I have an idea of it when we go in."

I slumped into my seat, "Well, we want to get some information on the bodies. We know that most of the bodies were killed through gunshots. But if there was something else involved, then we need to know."

"We have a problem with that," Bryce interrupted. "We're technically just civilians, regardless of how popular you are for your music. The doctor won't release any information to us."

I raised a finger, "That's where you are wrong my friend. Right now, we are Sargent Kensington's, I suppose, helpers, for the case. We're going in to collect information for him to help with the finalisation of the case and for the victim's profiles."

Bryce raised an eyebrow in disbelief and sighed, "What if he doesn't believe us? I mean, wouldn't Sg. Kensington ring ahead or something on our behalf?"

I shrugged, "We just need to hope that he thinks what we're saying is the complete and utter truth. If not, then it's a lost cause and we just head straight to the police station."

Bryce spared me a glance before looking back at the road, "If you're sure.." He trailed off, his tone of voice still telling me that he was unsure.

The road suddenly became full of cars, leading to us getting stuck in miles and miles of traffic. My vision was filled with flashes of cars and all I could hear was horns beeping and the screeching of tires since Bryce had gone silent.

"I've noticed that you've been sitting outside a little more often," Bryce spoke, breaking me out of my trance. "I hope you're not waiting out in the cold too long for me?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm not. I just get lonely sitting inside. Even if Alice wouldn't be sitting in the lounge room with me of a morning. She would be somewhere. I would be able to hear her, she probably would have come and said good morning. At least when I'm sitting outside, I'm not completely alone."

"Oh yeah?" Bryce teased? "Who's keeping you company? The birds sitting on the rails?"

I shoved his arm lightly but played along. "The cars pretty boy, they're my new besties. We even gossip about you behind your back!" I sent him a toothy grin.

"I thought I was you're best friend!" He pouted, and while I knew he was just being silly, I could see the questioning glance he was sending me.

"Of course you are my best friend! Other than Emily obviously. It's crazy just how close two people can become when they solve murders together."