Chapter Five

He blinked. Once, twice, thrice. His eyebrow raised in disbelief,

"Ms. doesn't take this the wrong way, but how on earth are we supposed to figure out a murderer? What on earth can one musician and her bodyguard do?" Bryce asked carefully.

In all honesty I hadn't looked that far into the future, but I knew that it was one of the better ways to do something, and maybe try and rid myself of the guilt if I found the person who killed Dorothy instead of constantly shaming myself for being the reason she was no longer able to experience life at its fullest.

I shrugged, "I'm smarter than you think, plus I have the money to find the resources, plus the social status to come up with a convincing and realistic list of suspects. Plus, I might as well take advantage of the huge muscle man who is being paid to follow my every wish and command," My lips curled into a smirk at the end, casting light into my dull eyes.

A small smile made its way onto Bryce's face, showcasing his jaw-dropping dimples.

"Well, good thing I'm here I suppose." He laughed, making the room feel instantly lighter.

I thought for a moment, "The first thing we need to do is create a list of suspects, that means finding out exactly who Dorothy Anderson was and how she may have been related in any sort of way to Klaus. We'll need to go with the idea that it's the same murderer, otherwise, we'll end up running in a million different directions trying to catch two people at once-" I rambled,

Bryce put his hands on my shoulders and stared directly into my eyes,

"Take a deep breath, and calm down. If we're going to do this, we can't rush it. So wait for a second, and start again." He said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I understood what he meant, good decisions weren't made rationally. I waited a moment,

"Alright, the first step is to find out who Dorothy was," I instructed, 

Bryce nodded, "Alright, how do you think we should do that?"

I paused, "Well, I suppose go talk to her family members. The longer we can stay away from the authorities the better, we don't need the news of a musician and her bodyguard  are becoming Class A detectives." I started,  leaning back comfortably in my chair. "Anderson isn't really an uncommon last name, and London isn't exactly small, so locating where her family will probably be the hardest part," I explained,

"Well, do you remember what she was wearing in the photo? The quality and look of the outfit could point us in the right direction." Bryce offered,

I tapped my chin, "I'm almost positive it was something nice, like Rich folk clothes, I mean of course she had to be upper class If she was mistaken for me that she couldn't be from the slums."

Bryce clicked his fingers, tilting his head slightly to the side, "You're right, so we're thinking either Northern or Eastern London since that's were the rich are,"

I smiled, "OK, good progress. Now we need her family address, how are we going to get that?"

Bryce thought quietly for a moment, "Let me make a call, I'll see what I can do."

He stood up and left the room, leaving my adrenaline-pumped self alone in my cubicle. I didn't know any family with the last name Anderson that had a daughter named Dorothy. Of course, Bryce would probably be better in that situation. He was born into riches, while my family were living in the slums like the rest of London until I managed to get my first deal.

It seemed like a waste to even try and keep working on my music, so I didn't, instead opting to sit quietly in my chair, running different scenarios through my head. It didn't take long for Bryce to return, his emotions completely hidden by a perfect poker face, a mask to rival even my own.