An old friend

Aisling: Hey there guys, Zorlia can't come to the studio today because she went searching for Dean and Sam. Apparently they left on some earth saving mission and said that they wouldn't show up. Zorlia, of course went crazy and chased after them.

Embry: Wait, your brothers won't be in this book?

Aisling: No stupid, of course they will be. Actually kinda already are, but that beside the point. You and I are the only one able to do the disclaimer. All the other wolves are on patrol, Jake is trying to win Bella's heart and the Cullens are on vacation.

Embry: So, what do you do for a disclaimer again?

Aisling: Jeesh your're stupid! You just say, Zorlia does not own Supernatural or New Moon.

Embry: Oh, Zorlia Does not-

Aisling: Wait! Zorlia's calling me!

Zorlia: I got them! Hahahaha, they thought they could out run me. I'm on my way back......don't screw up the chapter.

Aisling: Don't worry everyone and everything is at their marks. *CRASH*

Zorlia: What was that?

Aisling: Uh, ah, nothing! Ooh, look at the time! Gotta go!

Embry:....Or New Moon. Like that? Ash, where are you? Wha-why is the studio on FIRE?!?!?

~~~

I sat at an empty table, playing with my food. I just didn't feel like eating. My thoughts were fogged up with my visit with Embry. I want to go back, to take him back.

But, it's too late for that.

Stupid me. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stu-

"Aisling?" I looked up, my mental rant forgotten. Bella Sat down next to me, and smiled. Well, it was a hollow smile, but it was something.

"Yeah?" I asked, my voice small and scratchy. I frowned and cleared my throat. Bella frowned, but didn't say anything about my failing voice. Heh, if only she heard my mental voice. Now that was one hard to ignore. Oh, crap she's talking.

"-didn't you tell me about Embry?" She asked. I flinched at Embry's name, as if shocked from.....something that was shocking. Wow, that was unimpressive.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my tone wary. Bella moved the food on her plate around, staring down at the table instead of looking at me. It kinda ticked me off. I'm right here, speak to me, not the table!

Did Embry feel that way when I refused to look at him?

Damn it, there I go again.

"You never told me you guys dated, let alone broke up because of Sam's little group." I frowned. I had no idea what she meant about Sam, but whatever. The first part of that sentence struck a chord in me.

"Bella, I told you I was dating Embry. But you were off on Planet Cullen wallowing in self induced pity and misery. By the time Embry broke up with me I didn't have a friend to tell. Don't try to make me out as a bad guy, because you weren't there. There was me, and only me. My brothers are half way across the country, my best, and only, friend is a shell of a zombie, and you expect me to just keep up a one sided conversation while you just nod her head like a rag doll?" I fumed. I didn't mean to make Bella feel bad, but she just seemed to flip a switch inside me, she pressed the wrong button on the wrong day.

"Bella, do you want to know what happened the day that Embry kicked me out of his life? I called my brothers on a pay phone because my phone decided to die and I found out that, hey nothing's wrong with them and everything is just fine and dandy up in Big Brother USA. Oh, except for the little fact that Dean, your oldest and favorite brother, Is dying. He has less than a year to live. Oh, nothing to worry about. More than that, but he new about this for about four months already. No need to tell your sister until she comes calling for advice." I ranted, angry tears leaking out of my eyes.

"My best friend, who I tired to talk to the next day, just said "Oh, that's nice" to me. I suppose she thought I was talking about the weather or something because I don't think that's the thing to say when someone tells you that their boyfriend since last year's prom had just dumped you like a sack of potatoes!" I finished, my shoulders heaving. Bella stared at me wide eyed, and reach forward slightly.

"Don't bother. That ship's already sailed. I'm fine being on my own." I snapped, and picked up my tray, deciding that school didn't matter and was going to ditch the rest of the day.

I walked out of the lunch room with tears in my eyes, not that it mattered. I went straight to my car, and drove home. I was tired.

I am just plain tired and sick of everything.

I want it all to end.

I just want it to end.

All the pain.

The confusion.

All of it.

I want it to stop.

Right.

Now.