January

Hiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alright, tis time for............................The DISCLAIMER!!!! Cause you know it's cool.

Aisling: So depressed. Sigh.

Zorlia: Uh, Ash, I need the disclaimer. Like, now.

Aisling: Sigh, Zorlia doesn't own Supernatural. Sigh.

Bella: She doesn't own New Moon either. Sigh.

Zorlia: -_-u I feel depressed for some reason........

~~~

I got a call from Tiffany. Yeah, Embry's mom. She's worried about him. It would seem that he takes off at night and comes home at ungodly hours, and has no explanations for it. She wants me to talk to him. She think's he'll listen to me.

She probably thinks we're still together.

I hope she doesn't.

It'll just make this worse.

I'm in theiry living room now, sitting beside Tiffany. She's talking about Embry, and how he's changed. I plaster on a fake smile and nod my way through all this. While Embry can be a jackass to me, and break my heart, I don't know why he's doing it to his mom. That's the only reason I came here. I only came here to set straight, to get him to stop worrying his mother.

I'm not here to just see him again.

To hear his voice again.

No, I'm not here for that.

Do you believe that?

Because there's a part of me that doesn't.

"Mom, I'm home!" I froze at the sound of his voice. I wonder, is this how Bella feels whenever someone mentions the Cullens? If so, I feel bad for her. Because it feels like someone's just stabbed me through the heart. Only, I don't know if I should be happy or not.

"Come into the living room dear, I have someone I want you to talk to!" Tiffany called. I suddenly think this is a bad idea. Why did I come here? What was the point? I should leave.

Just as I was about to make a get away, he entered.

Tiffany was right, and wrong.

He changed.

Yet he didn't.

His hair was much shorter, now to his ears and it wasn't as thick. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and seemed more toned. His face seemed softer somehow, maybe it was because of his hair cut. Also, I saw a tattoo on his shoulder. It was some tribal design. He seemed to be about an inch or two taller as well.

He still had that playful look about him. His dark brown eyes widened at the sight of me, but I could still see that spark in them.

Embry and I stared at each other for some time. I bet he was seeing how horrible I looked. I lost weight these last two months, my mind too swamped with thoughts of him and Dean to bother with food. I haven't gotten much sleep so my eyes must look like hell. I know my hair was a mess, curly beyond help and was impossible to tame.

"Aisling." He breathed, seeming to wake up. I swallowed, my heart twisting when he said my name.

"Embry." I replied, my voice empty. Tiffany looked back and forth between us, obviously clueless to the tension. I cleared my throat. "Why don't you follow me to the kitchen?" I asked, getting up. I might as well go through with this.

Embry shook his head for a moment, and cleared the doorway. As I passed by him I tried not to touch his skin. My brain would be fried if I did that. Embry followed me into the kitchen and I leaned against the counter while he stood by the fridge, staring at me.

"Will you please put a shirt on?" I asked, trying to look anywhere except him. It was hard.

"Oh, uh. Ahem, sure. Give me a moment. Stay there." He said, motioning his hands to me as if I was a puppy. He bounded out of the kitchen to his room to get a shirt. I scowled, and tried to come up with some plan. I need to think of a way to not seem like I'm completely hung up over him. I need to show him I've moved on. I don't need that clown in my life. I don't need his jokes, smiles, comfort, warmth, attention........

I am so screwed.

"Alright. Do you want something to drink? Eat?" Embry asked, entering the room with a shirt on. It was one I bought him for his birthday. It was black with red sleeves.

I was shocked that he was acting as if nothing happened. And, frankly, it pissed me off. And made me happy. But it mainly pissed me off. He ended it, so shouldn't he be miffed about me coming or something? I should be the one trying to act as if nothing happened. Right? I am the depressed ex girlfriend. So, he should be anything but.....this.

"No, I'm fine Embry." Is it just me or did he seem to glow when I said his name? It had to be me. Damn feelings. You are fine alone. You don't need men in your life. Much less this man!

"Really? You looked starved." He said, eyeing me. I glared. He's getting me off the subject at hand. I haven't even brought the subject up and he's changed it!

"I'm fine. Your mom asked me to come over, so don't go thinking this is a friendly visit." I snapped. Embry flinched, but quickly hid the fact. He grabbed a soda from the fridge and an apple off the counter. Closing the fridge he leaned against it, smiling at me.

I swallowed. Do not be deceived. He is the enemy. He is no good. Do not look into his eyes!

"She's worried about you. You've changed. A lot. Your hair, your behavior, and you got a tattoo!" I said, starting to get into the mood of being a pissed of ex girlfriend. I can do this!

"Well, I think that my change is a good thing. You always said I would look better with short hair. " He does. "You once told me that you have a tattoo." I do. "And You haven't been around much to see my personality change." That's true.

I can't do this.

"Yeah, well......your mom's worried and she asked that I come talk to you. I don't see the point because you seem okay with the changes and you made it clear to not listen to me a long time ago." I said bitterly.

Embry frowned at that, and he sat the partially eaten apple on the counter. He stepped forward, arm outstretched to touch me. I tried to move back but the kitchen is small and he is big. So hem gently grabbed my arm and pulled me forward, kissing me.

I almost lost it. For a moment I went back to the way it was. Before everything got so complicated. Then I remembered.

He dumped me.

He refused to listen to me.

He didn't want me.

I pushed him away.

"Don't do that!" I growled, stepping back. Embry stared at me with hurt eyes, I looked away. I will not, do not, can not care. Never again.

"I should go." I mumbled, walking away.

"Ash wait!" He reached for me again.

"Don't touch me!" I screeched, fumbling backwards. If he touched me I would forgive him for everything. I will forget about these past two months. I glared at him.

"Don't call me Ash, only my friends call me that. And I have no friends." I said, then walked away. It was true. Bella was practically on another planet, and I wasn't good friends with Mike and the rest of that gang, and without Embry hanging out with Jacob and Quil seemed pointless.

I have no friends.

I am alone.