Eternal Summer Chapter 8

Chapter 8

After Ryan disconnected the call, Layla rushed toward her closet to find something to wear for their date.

Finally after an hour of trying on different outfits she decided to go with a white and pink baby doll top and her black skinny jeans, she also curled her hair and put on a touch of makeup.

She finished just in time to run downstairs and answer the door; “Hello Layla.” Ryan said giving her a bouquet of pink roses.

“Thank you, they’re beautiful.” She said taking in the roses’ beautiful aroma, “Let me just put them in a vase, you can wait inside if you like.”

“Thank you.” He said stepping through the threshold.

She found a vase, filled it with water and put the roses in it; “We can go.”

Ryan smiled and opened the front door; “After you.”

“Well, aren’t you the gentleman.” She smiled and then froze in her tracks when she realized that Ryan came in a limo, “wow, is that yours?” She asked surprise.

“Yes.”

“Wow.” She didn’t know what to say.

“Do you like it?”

“Yeah, it’s wonderful.”

“Do you want it?”

“Ryan don’t be ridicules.”

“Why not, I have more.”

“Still, there is no way I can accept something this big.”

“But...”

“No, now let’s go before we miss the movie.” She said, ending the conversation.

“So what made you want to call?” She asked as they got into the limo.

“I wanted to get to know you better.”

“Oh ok.” She said trying not to blush.

“What do you want to watch?” She asked when they were on their way to movies.

“That is up to you.” Ryan replied.

“Ok,” she thought about all of movies showing, avoiding all the chick flicks, “what about Nightmare on Elm Street.” Ryan frowned, “Unless you don’t want to.” She said instantly.

“I do, it’s just it’s quite a peculiar choice coming from you.”

“What can I say; I’m a sucker for horrors.” Which was partly true, but the real reason she chose a horror was because she was no amateur, she knew that during the scary parts he would have an excuse to put his arms around her.

“I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, you are Jen’s friend after all.”

“She likes a good scare as well?”

“No, but she finds horrors funny and thrillers inspirational.”

“She definitely unique.”

“Oh yes, I haven’t met anyone like her in my whole life and I’ve been around the block a few times.”

“What do you mean?”

“Uh… nothing, so what is it that you like in a scary movie?”

“To get a scare and most scary movies have an actor I like.”

“Who is in Nightmare on Elm Street that you like?”

“Kellan Lutz, he’s good actor.”

“He sounds familiar.”