Eternal Summer Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“My dad’s name is Zain.” Chase repeated.

“As in the Dark King Zain?” Jennsen asked, completely shocked.

“Is there any other?”

“Actually there are three, but that’s beside the point. I didn’t know that Zain had kids.”

“Oh come on, he’s the king of the Dark Court and he’s been around for a long time, it isn’t really that farfetched.”

“You have a point, but still, it’s weird.”

“Why?”

“He isn’t really the fatherly kind.”

“You’re telling me.”

“Do you have any contact with him?”

“Yeah, once a year or so, but I do see my grandmother a lot.”

“Morgana?!” She asked surprised.

“Yeah, why do you seem so surprised?”

“She’s the last faery I’d expect to care about her Halfling grandson, no offence.”

“You’d be surprised; she’s actually big on family.”

“Now I’ve really heard it all. I was under the impression that she became totally bitter after the former Dark King left her for a blonde bimbo from the Summer Court.”

“She’s still taking it pretty hard, but she’s not bitter, though she has every right to be, because not only did he leave her for someone else, he also cheated on her with the old Winter Queen and had a child with her.”

“Hell, Cronus is a bastard; then again most males, both human and fae, are.”

“Only halfling males are the exception.” He said with a charming smile.

“Yeah, I doubt that.”

“Ouch, that hurts.”

“Get used to it, cuz I love dissing males.”

“Why?”

“Cuz you’re all a bunch of lying, good for nothing, self-centred, heartless, two face bastards, who only think with their male parts and don’t care who they hurt to get what they want.” She replied in one breath.

“Wow, who hurt you that bad?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Ok then, can I ask you something?”

“Does it involve men?”

“No.”

“Then go for it.”

“What court are you, usually it’s easy to tell; like for instance Ryan and that other faery that is always with you are Summer, but with you it’s really hard to see.”

“I am part of the Summer Court, but I have the power of Dark and Winter in me as well.”

“How?”

“No one knows.”

“Where you born like that?”

“No.”

“Then with power where you born with?”

“I wasn’t born a faery, a hundred years ago I was human.”

“How did you become a faery?”

“Another thing I don’t want to talk about.” Jennsen knew that if Chase knew what Ryan was or why he was interested in Layla he would only interfere and you couldn’t let that happen.