Eternal Summer Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ryan walked in the cafeteria and frowned, he never liked this place; the white walls gave him a headache, the tables were unsanitary, the food was uneatable and the floor was covered in food stains.

For the whole day he’s been looking at every girl he passed, but no electricity. Though he had to admit, he was actually glad.

He turned around to leave the cursed cafeteria when he saw her…

Layla.

****

Layla entered the cafeteria, got a tray of food, or rather toxic waste, from the lunch lady and went to her usual table, when Ryan approached her; “Hey, you’re Layla, right?” He asked with a charming smile that made her heart race.

“Yeah, how did you know?” She replied.

“You’re on of Jen’s friends.”

“I thought she wasn’t talking to you.”

“I made a peace offering.” He smiled.

“That’s good.” She started to notice just how gorgeous he was; he had blonde hair that slightly covered one of his eyes, which were honey colored and to top it all off he had the most perfect body, he clearly worked out.

“May I have a seat?” He asked in a low charming voice.

“Sure.” She replied almost too eagerly.

He took the seat right next to her and looked her straight in the eyes; “So why are you sitting alone?”

“Jennsen said that she didn’t want to go to the cafeteria or any place outside, so Tarren stayed with her, I would’ve stayed as well but I really couldn’t take staying in a little class room for so long.”

“Well then it’s a good thing I came over.”

“How so?”

“A beautiful girl like you shouldn’t dine alone.” He replied in a voice that made her heart melt and she could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks. He even made eating cafeteria food sound exquisite.

“My, aren’t you a charmer.” She felt flustered; she couldn’t believe that a super gorgeous guy like Ryan was even talking to her.

“When I’m around a beauty like you I just can’t help myself.”

They made small talk for the remainder of lunch and she couldn’t help but notice that the whole that they were talking his eyes didn’t wander away from her, also she didn’t know if she was just imagining things but she could’ve sworn that she saw a hint of despair in his eyes.

****

Jennsen was sitting with Jason in the lounge, drinking a glass of Faery Cocktails and eating grapes, when Ryan came in; “Guess what.” He said unenthusiastically.

“What?” Jennsen asked.

“I’ve chosen another ‘lucky’ mortal.” He said sarcastically.

“Hey hey, what’s with the sarcasm?” She asked throwing him with a grape.

“She’s going to fail.”

“You have to be a little more positive.” Jason said, pouring Ryan a glass of wine.

“Very well, but I’m tired if this game.”

“What do you mean?”Jason asked with a frown.

“If this girl fails, I’m done playing this screwed up game anymore.”

“But a Summer Monarch needs a partner.”