Chapter 15

~ ¤ Barbarian's Girl ¤ ~

Isabella was sitting on the couch, in the living room. She was curled up woth her blanket in the corner of the couch. She had her hot cup of chocolate in her hands while reading her book that was placed in her lap.

It was freezing out side. It was snowing. Everything was covered in snow. No one could go outside since their doors were blocked by the snow. Isabella would go upstairs to their room and look outside from their window, admiring the beautiful snowy view. She adored snow, more that any other season. She loved to just lay on their bed or cuddle in the couch with her hot chocolate in her hands, reading one of her books.

A couple of days ago, she went to a library, down the near village, with Kennan to buy some books, to spent her time since her friend was busy these days and couldn't visit her. She wanted to get to know him more and him being busy didn't help. She bought at least fifteen book, some of them were stories with adventure or romance. She had returned back home, excited to start one of her new books.

She had cooked dinner and waited for Kennan to come back inside. He was cleaning the snow that was in front of their door. She told him not to go since it was freezing but he didn't listen. They woke up late since they slept late the previous night, talking about their baby. She asked Kennan if he wanted the baby to be a girl or a boy and he said that it didnt matter to him, he would have the baby with all of his heart. Isabella believed the same. She just wanted their baby to be healthy.

She rubbed her fourth month belly. She couldn't wait for their baby to come in this world. She would try to be the best mom. She already loves that little bean inside her. She knew Kennan would be an amazing father. He is super overprotective with her these last four months. He doesn't let her go anywhere without him and he would call Derek when he was busy. He would always have his hand around her belly, rubbing it softly.

He would talk to the baby every day, he would kiss her baby bump and wisher goodnight before he kissed her on the lips, taking her in his arms. She would smile softly at the image and once more feel lucky.

She had thought about marriage but she wasn't sure if Kennan wanted to get married. She didn't want to persuade Kennan. She would wait to see if he would propose to her and if he doesn't, she would wait. She wasn't in a hurry.

Kennan walked back inside, his cloak had snow along with his hair. She giggle as she looked at him and approached him. He rolled his eyes as he took of his cloak, trying not to dirty the floor. She took it from his hands and headed to bathroom, where she put it in the basin, before he could protest. She returned back with a towel in her hands.

She walked up to him and lowered his head to her lever and cleaned the snow on his hair. He chuckled at how short she was. She shook her head at him and finished cleaning his hair. He kissed her cheek softly as a thank you. He took the towel and put it in the basin with his cloak.

She set the table, placing two glasses with water before she placed the plates with food. She had cooked chicken with potatoes because she craved it. Kennan sat down and waited for her sit too before he starts eating.

Smiling, Isabella sat down and started eating. They ate in silence, both lost in their thoughts." I wanted to take you somewhere today but it is really cold outside and I don't want you to catch a cold." He said breaking the silence. 

Her head peaked up at his words, her eyes widen," Really? Where?" She asked excited. He chuckled, finding her reaction cute.

"Yeah. I can't tell you since it's a surprise but I promise to take you when the weather is warmer." He winked at her before he returned back to his food.