(80): Tears

"Chels, just sit please"

I woke up in Nathan's room. I had forgotten for a good two seconds what had happened but then I dreadfully started remembering and I cried my eyes out again; angrily this time. I demanded for him to take me to the hospital, but that was a bit ridiculous because the time was 03:30. I didn't care. He promised that if I got more sleep then he would. I didn't put up a fight because I was honestly so exhausted.

We got up in the morning (he had slept on the floor and me on the bed... obviously) and he demanded for me to have something to eat since I had no appetite. He then went to buy some things for me to freshen up; a towel and a toothbrush, and I did. I felt so gross so the shower did somewhat make me feel better. I scraped my skin so hard, trying to get ride of all their disgusting hands on me. I got dressed in Kat's clothes which are in his room. They're a bit big on me but I don't care. We then started making our way to the hospital.

I hadn't cried the whole morning, because I'm honestly convinced that I'm all out of tears. I remember crying so much last night that I actually passed out. That's got to be a record.

"Sit and stop pacing" Nathan coaxes.

We're the only ones in the hospital so far. They told us that they had informed his mother so she should be on a her way right now. I don't know if the others know yet.

"No" My voice is still hoarse. I got a look at my reflection in the bathroom and it's not pretty. My eyes are puffy and swollen, my face is all red even after the shower. I just look so horrible and exhausted.

"You're gonna wear yourself out"

"I can't sit, Nathan, not until I know that Kyle is okay, okay?" I feel my voice break at the end and get caught in my throat.

Spoke too soon. I still have tears.

"Okay, I'm sorry" His arms are around me.

I cry on his shoulder, my heart and soul aching so painfully right now. I've never ever felt like this in my whole life.

"He's gonna be okay, right?" I sniff, wiping my face and detangling myself from him.

Nathan nods softly "Of course he is"

I finally sit, my legs shaking in suspense. When is the damn doctor going to get here? I need Kyle to be okay. Please.

It's a while later when I see the waiting room door open and I look up slowly, since my face was in my hands on my knees. I think I was actually starting to fall asleep.

"Riley?" She's the first one I notice before my eyes move "Mrs Chambers"

They're here.

I get up immediately, not being able to help myself, and throw myself at Riley. I'm more familiar with her.

"Chels" She coos holding me tightly against her. Her voice is hoarse signaling that she was crying too and I know she must have an idea.

I move so I'm looking at her as I feel more hot tears run down my face.

"Sit, sweetie" Mrs Chambers beckons. We all do that, them sitting opposite me. "Sorry I'm late. I had to go pick up Riley at the airpot. They didn't really tell me much"

I sniffle "It's okay"

"I'll give you guys some privacy" Nathan announces awkwardly, getting up.

"Thank you" I nod up at him softly.

And then he leaves.

"Chels?" Riley gets my attention again because I was momentarily distracted "Do you want to tell us what happened? I just heard that he was shot and-" She starts to cry.