(23): Flirting?

"Hey, do you have any idea why Nick is avoiding me?" Winnie asks worriedly as I walk her to her next class.

"Nope" I lie.

All these lies are going to catch up to me, I can feel it.

She sighs "He's acting so weird. I tried to speak to him but he just made some lame excuse so he could leave. Twice"

I think if he's left alone with her, he'll just break and tell her the truth. He's probably doing this for her own good... in a way.

"Maybe it wasn't an excuse" I suggest.

She rolls her eyes "It was too. I know Nicholas Gill like the back of my hand. He sucks ass at lying anyways"

Do you also know that he's in love with you?

"I don't know, Winnie, maybe you should ask him" I reply.

We reach her class and she sighs "Whatever, he'll probably just lie about it anyways. Okay I have to go now"

I hug her as I watch her enter.

As I turn around, I bump into Delilah.

"We have to talk" I tell her immediately as I start to walk away and luckily she follows without protesting.

"What's up?" She asks when we've reached a secluded spot.

I fold my arms "Everyone knows. You need to tell Winnie before Kathrine or Nick beat you to it"

"You told him?" She gapes angrily.

"I told Kat and she thought it was a smart idea to tell Nicholas"

"Do you know how dangerous that is? It's no secret how Nick feels about her. He's probably been waiting for this moment ever since we started dating" She rants.

Oh, so she knows.

"Good. All the motivation to tell her"

"So you're not even going to deny my suspicion?" She accuses.

I raise a brow "What suspicion?"

"That Nick likes Winnie"

Awkward.

"I think that's a conversation you should have with him, and not me" I tell the exasperated girl.

"Come on, I know he has these conversations with you. You're easy to talk to" She urges "Does he really?"

"Delilah. That's besides the point"

"Well, well, well, if it isn't lying-dee and lying-dum" Comes an all too familiar voice.

"Seriously. I don't get why you're mad" I reply.

Kat narrows her eyes at both Dee and I "You two only have a few more days till I tell Winnie myself"

"What's your problem, Kathrine?" Dee snaps sharply "You don't even know Winnie like that. Why do you care?"

"Yeah" I agree.

I really don't get why she's so pressed about this whole situation suddenly.

"Why do I care?" She scoffs incredulously "I might only know her for a little over a month but clearly I have her best interest at heart, unlike the two of you"

I breathe loudly, shaking my head "I'm trying to have her best interest at heart by not telling her, okay? Stop acting so high and mighty"

"I'm not acting" She huffs.

"Listen. You just need to mind your own business" Dee tells her "Take a few lessons from your best friend over here"

"Guess what? My best friend is the one who told me in the first place" She retorts.