Chapter 2

Cruel and Unusual Punishment : Chapter 2

Kellen’s POV

This sucked. I was stuck in my third period math class with a punch of losers who didn’t know how to keep their mouths shut. It had only been two hours since the incident with Alec in the hallway and already the rumors were flying around. Didn’t these people have anything better to do? It would seem that they didn’t.

And what made it worse was that they weren’t even trying to hide the fact that Alec and I were the topic of their discussions. It didn’t seem to matter to them that I was right here and I could hear everything that was being said.

“I heard from Dana, who heard from Lisa who heard from Cameron that she totally saw them making out by Alec’s locker between first and second period!” Some petite girl with long raven hair was saying in the back of the class. Her friends hung onto her ever word like they would turn to chocolate and they could eat them. The rumor was complete bullshit. Just the thought of lip locking with Alec made me never want to look at him again. It was so gross, I would never do that.

“That is so hot!” another girl replied to the first, fanning herself with a piece of paper. “Although I am jealous. They’re both super cute!” Why thank you ladies, I thought as I listened to them all agree.

“Oh I know right! They’re totes adorable!”

“So yummy!”

“Do you think they’d let us watch if we asked?”

My ego, which had been growing larger with every word that fell from their mouths, suddenly deflated. Okay, ewww. And then I realized that, for however long we had to do this, girls would be off limits. There would be not hugging, kissing or sex with any member of the opposite sex. It was going to be Alec or nothing.

I wasn’t going to lie, the thought gave me a serious headache. Did they expect me to survive like this? Didn’t they know that it was slowly going to drive me insane? I wasn’t like Alec, who could go for months without needing any form of contact. I lived on physical contact from the opposite gender, from anyone really. And not just the romantic kind, but all kinds of contact. I couldn’t handle not having somebody there. I couldn’t handle the lonely feeling.

Well shit. This was going to be a new form of slow and unbearable torture. I knew Alec. I’ve had to throw out many of the girls he’d decided to play, lay and then discard like they didn’t mean anything to him. And to be honest they probably didn’t. I knew he was not the type to be all cuddly and fluffy. He hated PDA. He hated relationships. He hated commitment. And now that I think about it he probably hates having to do this even more than I do.  I briefly wondered how the student body didn’t die of shock when they found out that Alec was in an actual honest to god relationship. I didn’t have to wonder for long because my questions were soon answered by the whispers around. This time they came from the front of the classroom, from a group of guys.

“Can you believe Alec is actually in a relationship?” one guy asked another, who instantly replied with loud laughter.

“It’s not a relationship. Kellen just thinks it is. Alec will get sick of him soon and move on. Hopefully to me now that he’s decided to be gay,” this guy winked and I recognized him as one of the gay guys who Alec and I had most likely picked on before. Before I could figure out his name the conversation continued and I strained to hear more.

“You have a point there. Kellen is such a pushover. He follows Alec around like a lost puppy. Best friends my ass, he’s more like Alec’s lackey,” his words were punctured by a sharp eye roll.

“Alec’s just using him. I give it two days tops, and then he’ll push him away and beat him just like everyone else. I doubt he’s even gay anyways. Probably Kellen just told him he was gay and Alec wants to play him!” The conversation ended with both of them breaking out in laughter.