Chapter 5

Officially switching to third person. I wrote this on my phone so I apologize if it has any weird spelling issues.

------------

It was three days later on Friday night that Alec and Kellen found themselves sitting on Bryce's living room floor surrounded by awkward silence. Monday of that week Vic had invited them to a party at Bryce's and Kellen jumped at the chance because he has a small plan that would give Bryce and his friends a taste of their own medicine. When he'd gotten the news that Victoria had - finally - dumped him he was ecstatic. Kellen had kind of figured that the party was off but the two of them were handling the breakup surprisingly well. Bryce seemed kind of offended that he had gotten broken up with but didn't seem all that upset with the situation. Victoria was also there, Kellen could see her from the living room. She was sitting in the kitchen gossiping with all of her friends. Upon their arrival Kellen and Alec had been ushered into the living room with the rest of the boys. Alec had instantly sat down on the furthest couch from Bryce and following his comment that I should be gossiping in the kitchen with the rest of the girls Alec had pulled me into his lap and things had been tense ever since. Without Cole and the rest of the guys there to break the silence the only sort of communication going on was Bryce and Alex glaring at each other. Even Kyson and Kale looked as uncomfortable as Kellen felt. He really hoped the others would get here soon.

It seemed his prayers had been answered by whatever deity happened to be listening because in the next minute the rest of the guys arrived and the silence was dissipated with a series of loud shouts an laughter.

Five minutes later they were all on the floor of Bryce's basement playing Victoria's suggested game of truth or dare. It seemed to Kellen that every time they were together with everyone they always played truth or dare. A bit cliche perhaps but it was a good way to break the ice and get the party started. The rules were that every time you picked truth you had to take a shot of straight vodka as punishment to both encourage people to pick dare and to start the drinking. The shots were already poured and sitting ready in the centre of the circle of bodies.

"So, Kellen truth or dare?" Victoria asked me with a creepy look on her face.

"Truth," my answer was followed by a chorus of groans and 'come on's' and all I could do was laugh.

"Sorry, but I know better than to let Vicky trick me into another dare. Last time I had to run naked down the street in the middle of writer in case the rest of you were to drunk by then to remember," the others laughed, even Bryce and the twins which surprised Kellen. He accepted his shot from Alec, smiling at him, downed it and then looked at Vic expectantly.

"Alright party pooper, tell us about your first kiss, the real one!"

Kellen groaned, this was almost as bad as whatever horrible dare she had brewing in that brain of hers. Vic was the only person who knew who his real kiss was, not the story he told everyone else. Not even Alec knew which meant Kellen really dreaded telling him.

"Vic you whore! Ugh, alright. You guys remember back in seventh grade, the party at Cole's? We were playing spin the bottle and my spin landed on Alec. Cole said I didn't have to but Vic called me a pussy and dared me to do it so I did. That was my first kiss..." A stunned silence followed and Kellen shrunk in on himself. Before this he had told everyone that the kiss he had with girlfriend at the time, Alicia, had been his first but that had really happened a week after the spin the bottle incident. If Kellen was to think about it tho he was kind of glad that it had been with Alec. The kiss had been, well not great because it was awkward and middleschoooly and there was a little too much tongue involved but as far as first kisses go it wasn't the worst. Alicia on the other hand kissed with her entire face and it felt more like she was trying to suck his insides out through his mouth. If he had to pick he would choose the one with Alec, no questions out.