Intro/Prologue

Cruel and Unusual Punishment: Intro/Prologue.

Kellen's POV

"I want you both to understand that you are in deep trouble here, do you understand me boys. Henry has every right to file a lawsuit for what you two have done to him. You boys are very lucky that he is willing to compromise," the principal was spewing some bullshit about how we should be glad that this was the only punishment we would be getting, that and a whole ton of detention. If you asked me, I would rather go to jail, or whatever the alternative was.

What kind of cruel and unusual punishment was this? And I didn't understand why we needed to be punished anyways. Henry whatever his last name was totally deserved all he got, that's what I believed. But everyone else didn't seem to share my views. Well, everyone except for my best friend, Alec Spencer. Alec was sitting in the overly plush chair, his fists clenching and unclenching angrily as he tried to control his temper. I knew just by looking at him that he was feeling all the outrage that I was.

So what if we beat the living daylights out of that stupid fag? He deserved it for totally checking Alec out and then mouthing off to the both of us. He even called us butt-buddies. Now that was sick. I wouldn't touch Alec sexually with a ten foot pole. Sure he was my best friend but I mean come on, he was kind of a manwhore. Who knows what kind of diseases he's contracted. Well, that and the fact that it's totally wrong. I mean we're both guys and...ugh. I don't even want to think about that. Especially not with the rather creative and very ,very cruel punishment that Henry has come up with. He didn't even get that hurt. Just a few broken ribs and a couple bruises. I knew very well what Alec and I were capable of and I knew we could of done so much worse. And we would have had the stupid principal not interrupted us.

Which brings us back to our current situation. Mr. Delano is still going on and on about how lucky we are that this is all we're getting and blah blah blah. Oh, put a sock in it you old geezer, we aren't lucky. You try having to do this and see how "lucky" you feel afterwards.

Instead of suing like I kind of wished he would have, Henry had decided on another form of punishment for what we did to him. Alec and I would have to pretend we were dating whenever we were out in public. That included the school, movie theaters, restaurants, basically anywhere that wasn't in our own homes. In other words we would have to tell the whole world we were gay when in reality we both hated the thought.

"How long do we have to do this?" Alec hissed through a clenched jaw. It was obvious he was having a very hard time keeping calm. That was Alec for you. He never could control his temper. Luckily I've been dealing with it for so long now that it barely fazed me when he raised his voice or threw a tantrum. I barely even flinched now when he looked like he was going to hit me. Not that he ever did, of course. Sadly though, after fourteen years of friendship I still haven't quite figured out how to calm him down.

"Henry has not specified the length of time you two would need to do this, so for now it will be until he says you can stop," Alec clearly didn't like that answer. I didn't either. I wasn't particularly fond of the idea that some fag would basically be controlling our lives until he decided that he was bored with us.

"Seeing as today is Friday," the principal continued as if this was all normal and the world was not about to explode come Monday. "You two will not have to start this until Monday. However come Monday I expect you both to hold up your end of the bargain. That is if you choose to do this. If not I will tell Henry's parents and I'm sure the two of them would be more than happy to press charges."

Neither of us said anything and the horribly decorated room was plunged into silence, which Mr. Delano took as a yes. Obviously neither one of us wanted to do this, but we were still young. If Henry were to press charges that would ruin our lives.

And this is how it all began.