A Turn of Events

If there's one thing in my life that I never thought would happen, it's becoming part of a mafia. In the past before falling into the Underground I never even thought about doing something as reckless as this. 

     "hey doll, ya listenin'?"

     "Hm? Oh sorry Sans, I didn't catch that." I say yawning.

     "i said paps is waitin' for us."

     Sans gave me no time to change out of my night clothes as I follow behind him down a hallway, he had woken me up early in the before I begin my training as part of the Venatores. But first, he needed to take me somewhere very important before I can start any form of training. 

     "What exactly are we doing again?"

     "i can't really give ya the gist out in the open like this, but i promise paps and i will explain once we get to where we're goin'."

     I was curious to where Sans was taking me because it didn't seem like we were going anywhere at all, that is until we stopped at the front entrance of an empty study. We walked inside and a small plume of dust wafted into our faces. I cough from the sudden change of air quality as I wave the dust away from my face.

     "Goodness, I've never been in such a dusty room before." I sneezed.

     "the maids have strict orders to never clean or enter this room, that includes for a limited amount of venatores members." Sans replies as he closes the door behind us and locks it.

     "What's so special about this old room?" I ask.

     Sans walks over to a bookshelf, brushing the dust aside on the spine of the books to read their titles and eventually found the book he was looking for. He carefully pulls the book out halfway out of the shelf until a quiet click was heard and the bookshelf begins to move, revealing a cold pitch black tunnel.

     "does that answer your question?" 

     I was speechless. I'd never seen an actual secret entrance that was made from a bookshelf, those are the kinds of things you only see in movies. 

     "ya ready, doll?"

     I turn to Sans who was now holding a lit candle as the orange light of the flame casted shadows on his face.

     "I'm not sure if I want to go down there..." I pause.

     "just stick to me and you'll be fine." Sans says with reassurance.

     I wrap my arm around his, holding him close to me as the two of us slowly walked down the jagged stone carved cold steps.

      "Mind telling me where we are now?" I say feeling nervous about the absolute darkness surrounding us.

     "we're in a catacomb."

     "Wh-what!? You mean to tell me that we're surrounded by dead people!?"

     "That is correct." A voice replied in the distance.

     I stiffen up from the unexpected answer of someone else, though to my relief it was only Papyrus who had a candle stick holder that carried three candles. The illumination coming from Papyrus' candles was bright enough to reveal the rest of the carved out tombs on the insides of the narrow hallways.

     "Sans, I told you that one candle isn't enough down here, it would be impossible to find you if you got lost in this place."

     "i'm sure i'd find my way out at some point." Sans shrugs.