Make Yourself Known

I would be lying if I said that Chara is finally of some decent use. It's been a week since Gaster's breakdown between Chara and I, she has continued to make life harder in the mansion for me ever since Papyrus put me to work by having me help keep the mansion clean. There are a few other monsters that Clean around but we all have assigned sections that we are in charge of. I'm never lonely since Bella follows me around even though Papyrus doesn't want to risk the only other soul the Venatores has by letting it follow me, but what can I say? Bella is clingy, except when it comes to baths. Which is what Bella does doing the whole day while I work.

     I didn't think cleaning would be too hard but it's been difficult due to the very out-dated technology; I never thought I would have to learn how to use a vacuum cleaner again. The side of the mansion I was given to clean was near my room but unfortunately was the part of the mansion that's hardly ever cleaned.

It was lunch time and I was delivering Gaster his meal. It took quite some time convincing Papyrus to let me enter Gaster's room by myself after what happened and Papyrus eventually gave in to my pleading, but he insisted that he waits by the door every time for my safety.

     "I brought you lunch, Gaster." I make sure to knock on his door to let him know I'm coming in even though he never gives me any acknowledgement.

     As I open the door, I realize he wasn't in his usual spot on the other side of his bed with his back facing me. For once I saw him moving from one side of the room to the other but still ignoring me. There were new drawings on the wall he'd drawn that he was paying very close attention to, he turned his head enough for me to catch a glimpse of his face but then turn back to his drawings and continued to mutter nonsense to himself. After Chara had upset Gaster, she never dared to speak in his presence in fear that he might get angry again. I don't waste any time further of giving Gaster his food and left as quickly as possible without it looking like I was afraid to be around him for another second. I shut the door and locked it, followed with a sigh as Papyrus watched my worried state coming out of the room.

     "When do you think Gaster will go back to his normal self again?" I ask Papyrus.

     "Who knows, he's not exactly the one to forgive easily. I still can't figure out what you did to make him angry in the first place." Papyrus scratches his skull in frustration.

     "I'm just as confused as you are." I lied.

     It was nice to have Papyrus' company around but every time he watches me walk into Gaster's room, he becomes a nervous wreck from what Gaster might do to me when delivering him his food like I've become some priceless artifact that shouldn't bee broken.

     I walked with Papyrus to his study for him to give me my new list of chores while Chara began to complain to me about how much she hates that we have to clean as a job. Her frustration towards the subject was causing my hands to shake and form into fists at my side as I walked with Papyrus who hadn't noticed I was acting strange. Her attempts of possessing me is starting to get worse; every time she discusses something that makes her angry or violent, it causes my body to react to her anger and hate; I have to avoid holding any kind of sharp object or anything that could be potentially used as a weapon because of this. When I first met Chara, she couldn't really do so much but change my appearance in a mirror or barely make my arm move. But her personality has slowly made its way to me and her possessing is getting harder to fight back as days go by.

     As I walked with Papyrus, he was getting into the topic of cooking, more specifically the art of pasta and how it can be such a delicacy when made properly. I wasn't really paying attention at  as I did my best to act interested and act like there wasn't another soul inside me trying to take control. We eventually made it to his study as he handed me a list of chores I needed to complete.