Not a Freak

The two skeleton brothers make their leave in the night to retrieve a certain someone that brought up the matter of whether or not they should leave them to rot or save them from potential danger. They make their presence unannounced at Snowdin Asylum and made their way towards the poor receptionist who had to deal with such high superiors in such short notice. 

     The tallest one, Papyrus, leans against the receptionist's counter and turns to the shaking nurse that sat in shock. "I'm sure you can take the hint of who we're here for..." He replies smoothly.

     The speechless receptionist could only stammer a quiet 'yes' and nod before running to the back room. The blinds from the room were bent back from prying eyes of other nurses who feared what waited for them on the other side of the door. Sans smiled at all the nurses that hurried past him down hallways as they tried to look busy and avoid his cold gaze. A small, meek nurse was finally pushed out the door and shut behind her as fast as they ushered her out. She was clearly a new recruit and trembled at the two brother's intimidating features.

     "F-f-follow m-me." The timid nurse spoke.

     The receptionist never returned from the back room as Sans and Papyrus towered behind the stiff and obviously shaken nurse.

     Patients and Dr.'s stuck to the opposite wall like glue as if the hallway was closing in and didn't want to get any closer. While the brothers footsteps echoed through the blinding white corridors, there came the occasional psychotic scream coming from behind bolted cell doors. The farther they walked, the more turns they made and the walls became more apparent that they were decaying with mold and the floor became more unkempt with the accompanying smell of urine. Sans did his best not to gag while Papyrus continued to clear his throat in hopes it would rid of the putrid smell. They made it to the very end of the hallway where a single bodyguard stood watch that had nothing much to do but look through the puny peephole on the cell door to see what deranged patient he was keeping watch of this time. To his disappointment, the patient hadn't left the corner of his room the whole time since he was on duty and by how boring the patient was; they didn't do so much as a scream or bang their head against the padded walls like most patients did.

     Sans would've taught that Peeping Tom a once in a lifetime lesson for invading personal space but he knew was worth the time to send him to the hospital at such a late hour. The frightened nurse taps the distracted guard's shoulder who spun around and horror creeping up on his face at the sight before him.

     "I was only check'n on the patient to make sure he was still breath'n." The guard's voice wavered.

     Sans takes a step towards the guard. "ya better be speak'n the truth or i'll personally make sure you become a patient here yourself." He growls. "now open this door before i change my mind."

     The guard gave a nervous gulp as he fumbles for the keys.

*     *     *

I wake up to Bella nudging my cheek and floating around me with anticipation.

     "Good morning, Bella. What exactly do you want this early?" I yawned.

     Bella flutters to the bathroom as I begrudgingly leave my bed and follow. I smile at the sight of the little blue soul trying to turn the faucet knob. I watched for a few more seconds until Bella frantically bounced up and down in frustration at how difficult it was for her to do such a simple task.

     "Let me help you, dear." I say assuringly.

     Bella suddenly turned to me and began whispering. I could hear Chara groaning knowing what she had to do.