{𝕬𝖓 𝕳𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕲𝖆𝖒𝖊}

"You know, for a dangerous mission the Seelie realm's pretty romantic" Simon speaks

"It's like being dropped inside a fairy tale" Clary agrees, "Which makes sense. Faeries do live here."

"Is that blood?" Simon frowns, having stopped next to a rather dead looking tree. It was oozing a black fluid that did look eerily similar to blood.

Oh, no.

"Simon, get away from the tree!" Jace and I shout in unison as Simon makes his way over to it, placing a hand on one of the branches.

"Get away from the tree!" Jace repeats, physically throwing Simon away from it and onto a bed of snow.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Si!" I reason, "He was saving you."

"As usual" Jace interjects.

"From a tree?"

"That is called a kill tree." Jace explains, "It would have wrapped its vines around you and torn you limb from limb."

"Jace, what the hell are you talking about?" Clary huffs

"That tree almost tore Simon's pretty face off."

"You think I'm pretty?" Simon smirks

"Look, in the Seelie realm, it's not just creatures that are deadly. It's everything. If you wanna survive, don't touch, eat or smell anything. No matter how small."

Jace continues on walking, whilst Clary and Simon shoot me incredulous, questioning looks.

"Hey, don't look at me, I told you to get away from the tree" I defend, before becoming serious again, "He's right you know. It's dangerous here. It may look pretty or defenceless or small but just assume it isn't. Angel face with the devil's horns, right?"

Following after Jace, it doesn't take us much longer to find the Seelie Court. A large, white stone building wrapped in various kind of flowers and plants that looked beautiful but were no doubt as deadly as the kill tree.

"It's so beautiful" Clary whispers

"Don't let it blind you" Jace cautions, "Let's go."

Inside, the Seelie Court was even prettier - garlands of flowers hung from the ceiling and clung to the walls, leaving no stone unearthed. The floor was partially cleared of growth but for sneaky vines and plants that had cracked through the gaps in the stone. Old statues made of marble and stone littere the court and a regal throne made of nature itself sat in the centre of the room, nearer to the back wall.

A chorus of welcomes from the faeries now surround us echoed through our ears as they lightly disarmed us of all the weapons we came with, their voice light and breathy and, seemingly harmless but I knew better. One wrong move and we could be speared in seconds.

"Jace, my stele. Our weapons." Clary notices

"Yeah" Jace acknowledges but before he can explain any further, the Seelie Queen herself speaks.

"You'll get them back when you leave the court."

She'd apparently decided to take her favourite form - a child. Beautiful, red haired and adorned with Seelie tattoos, clothes seemingly made from nature itself and a flowered crown but no question as dangerous as any of us. If not more.

"Your Majesty" Jace says, bowing. I, knowing the customs, bow too almost in unison with him but skip the 'your majesty' crap. I nod to Clary and Simon who quickly follow suit, "What a rare honour."

"Wait, that's the Queen?" Simon whispers

"Why is the vampire here? He was not invited" The Queen asks, her childish voice harshened by anger but simultaneously softened with a British lilt.