{𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓}

"Hey! Hey, no! No. You can't go in the-wait a second" Raj refuses, trying to stop Clary and I from getting in but freezing when he sees me

"Where's Izzy?" I demand

"I'm getting Aldertree"

"You do that" I roll my eyes, though I don't even know who this 'Aldertree' even is

"Clary, are you oka-Cami?" Our mother speaks, appearing from behind us but neither of us stops walking.

We'd lost Jace along the way, he'd been tugged out of our grasp by the harsh waters so now, we had to find him.

"Cami? My God, sweetie, is that you."

"Yes, Mom it's me, the daughter you cursed" I snap, "Clary's fine, you saw to that and all we need is to find Izzy."

"Cami, wait."

"No!"

"What happened? Where have you two been?"

"We're all curious" A deep voice denounces and a man, short, dark haired and, to be honest, fairly attractive. Considering Raj was just behind him, I'm guessing this is Aldertree, "Bring two changes of clothes and a hot pot of tea to my office. Clary, Cami and I are going to have a little chat."

"The hell we are!" I growl, "We need to see Isabelle"

"She's with Alec, Cami" My mother announces and at the mention of his name, I look my mother in the face for the first time in months

"What's wrong with Alec?" I ask and my voice cracks on his name despite myself. I missed him so much.

"He was trying to help me find the three of you, and something went wrong." Mom explains, "He's in a bad way."

Of course he was in a bad way, he must have gotten somewhat stuck between himself and the parabatai bond, the way the adamas could sometimes affect people...

Wait a second...

How do I even know that?

"Oh, yes, anything to make sure you see your precious Clarissa again!" I lash out, "You know what? Screw the clothes and tea, I need to see Alec!"

"Miss Fairchild, I will be more than happy to allow you to run off and see your precious Alexander once we have spoken" Aldertree reasons, "I'm sure it's a small price to pay."

"Fine" I growl, "But it better be quick."

***

Once in Aldertree's office and dressed in warm clothes, I refuse the tea he offers me. Nothing was going to warm me now that I knew Alec was in trouble.

"It appears you two have had quite the harrowing experience" Aldertree notes as Clary accepts the tea offered to her

"You can say that again" I mutter under my breath and Clary elbows me

"Jocelyn tells me that you were abducted by Dorothea Rollins, Clary and...as for you, Camille, I've been told you left with our enemy by choice with Mr Wayland."

"If 'by choice,' you mean 'under duress' then yes, by choice" I spit, "What would you do if everyone you loved was threatened to be killed if you didn't willingly join your father?"

"I guess I can understand that" Aldertree nods and it's only then that i notice his British accent...it would be attractive if he wasn't keeping me from finding Alec, "Clary, did Dorothea Portal you to a tanker ship in the East River?"

"I'm not sure..." Clary muses, setting her cup of tea down by my hand.

Ha. Nice try, sis.

"Three hours ago, a large tanker ship was found there, recently abandoned" Aldertree explains, "By the mottos and the insignias on the boat, it's clear the Circle was on board."