{𝕿𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕾𝖔, 𝕷𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝕭𝖗𝖔}

The trip to the lovely, run down, vampire den was more than a little terrifying - namely because, hey, bloodsucking vampires, but also because of the two dead bodies with white foam leaking from their mouths and black dust scattered on their faces.

Along with absence of Izzy and the discovery of her broken demonic detection necklace. Not good.

"I thought Izzy had the flu" Clary frowns, "Why would she leave the Institute?"

"I don't know" Alec rushes as I open my mouth to speak. Why was he lying to them?, "But if he's hurt her..."

"Hey, she could have escaped" Jace reasons, "We don't even know if he has her."

"She hasn't called and she's not answering her phone. But she's still alive." Alec assures, "I know it, it's just...he's got her."

"What does he want?" Clary asks

"I don't know" Jace admits, "But we should inform the Inquisitor"

"She's in a meeting with the Alicante council" Clary utters

"I don't understand. Why Izzy?" Alec sighs, "What does a Greater Demon want with her?"

"I'm not sure" Jace frowns in thought and I could mark the exact second an idea hits because his eyes brighten, only slightly, but dim almost as quickly. So, he had a plan, but not a good one, "But I think I know who we could ask."

"Valentine" I growl

***

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Valentine speaks in that horribly smooth voice he loves to use as a front - soft, lilting, with a touch of 'i'm-so-innocent.'

It disgusted me.

"But it's nice to see the three of you."

"Azazel wouldn't leave Duduael on his own" Clary glares, "Someone broke him out. Someone with access to the Mortal Cup."

"Circle members" Jace mumbles. His eyes had not once left Valentine since we'd arrived in his cell and his shoulders were set and tense, his back rigid, "They released the Greater Demon to break you out of here."

"Someone really needs to kill those guys" I huff

"Some of them voted on your behalf" Valentine rebuts, "You'd be surprised how many wanted you in our ranks."

"Was that before or after you forced me to drink from the Cup?" I growl

"And aren't you all the more thankful for it?" Valentine smirks

A red-hot flash of rage rears in me and I lunge forward, slapping Valentine so hard across the face, my hand makes an instant red mark on his cheek. Gripping his shirt by the collar, I pull myself closer to him, glaring hatefully into his eyes.

"I made a choice" I hiss, my voice distorted in rage, "You didn't honour it. No matter how much being a Shadowhunter has changed my life, for better and worse, as my father you should have respected that."

"We both know my main motivation isn't exactly as a warm and fuzzy father" Valentine replies calmly, "You made a weak choice and so I made you strong. You're better for it."

I grunt angrily, shoving his chest as I release him and crossing over to across the room, leaning against the glass and tucking my hands under my arms to restrict myself, the red tint to my vision still lingering.

As I worked to control my breathing and force the rage aside, Valentine continued as though nothing happened.

"If the Greater Demon were here to free me, how would I still be here, having this inane conversation with you? I want to banish demon filth from our realm."