Chapter 7: This Wasn't Suppose to Happen

We seemed to have found ourselves sitting at one of the tables in the guild hall, carefully making sure no one else was really listening into our conversation between Natsu's team and ours (sadly having Mira and Lisanna stay out of this because Angie didn't want them involved) trying to desperately understand the situation the Dragon Slayer had just put us in.

  "So let me get this straight," I started still feeling a little confused. "You, want us, to teach you...what exactly?" Lucy just let out a sigh.

 "Look guys, maybe we can just ignore what just happened and get on with ourselves. I'm sure you guys are way too busy, now that your back, and don't want to mix yourselves in this stupid idea." She suggested to us clearly in hopes of not showing how embarrassed she was right now.

  "Very stupid." My partner agreed. "In fact its so stupid that I don't even know what to say except...no." Angie was pinching the bridge of her nose once again and she too seemed like she had no idea what the current situation was too. 

I looked over at Erza who seemed like a little agitated and gave the occasional glare at Natsu who just looked way too pumped up about this little exchange that had just went down. "I don't see what the problem is! You can teach us some of your cool bad-ass moves and tactics as well which we can use against you guys when we get our rematch-OW!" Erza hit Natsu hard on the head once again (probably lost even more brain cells in the process) before bowing her head before us.

  "Please, forgive us. I'm sure Natsu will come around in just a few moments. Just try and ignore this unfortunate ordeal and we'll let you get to work." Both Angie and I looked at each other in slight worry. 

The problem with Erza having to apologize for Natsu, I guessed in a sense, was completely understandable. But we both knew that once that salamander was willing for something that he wanted, he'll go at it until he does. Angie rose from her seat and gestured for me to follow her and for the others to wait here. As we left, I could hear the uproar Natsu began to start with his team causing me to sweat drop only slightly.

This was something I did not expect to go down when we came back. 

I leaned against a nearby table while Angie carefully searched the jobs board. We sort of stayed in silence for a while, me sort of waiting for her to speak or something but she just kept looking at the board. Biting the inside of my cheek, I plucked up the courage to speak to her about it instead. "So...we're not doing this then?"

Still no answer from her. 

Letting out a sigh, I knew she was just thinking about it but at the same time I wasn't entirely sure. And from looks of going through the jobs board, she may actually be considering it despite showing how strongly she didn't agree with it before hand. 

Or she was just trying to ignore it all together and find a job for us instead which might actually be the case. 

After was seemed like an eternity afterwards, Angie finally plucked off one of the jobs from the board and turned to me. Now...the look she gave me was pretty terrifying. It was the sort of look when your parents look at you after throwing a 'little gathering' at home and the place was completely trashed which then ends up in a result of you not being to do crap for months on end and fully expect you to fix the mess you've made. 

Yeah. That look. 

Taking a mental deep breath in order to prepare myself to what was to come next, holding the job in front of me I saw that it looked quite old which meant that the older it was...it was one of the hard ones that no one wanted to really touch despite the staggering amount of Jewels that was on that poster. "Read it." Angie hissed which made me grab the flyer from her hands immediately.