Chapter 3: Ups and Downs

(Don't play music yet!)

Angie and I were sat a table with Natsu, Erza, Grey, Levy and four slightly familiar faces. Well, except for the blonde of course. I took another look around the new guild hall, tapping my foot slightly.

"So...you were actually never part of Phantom Lord huh?" A rusty low voice said from behind me.

I looked to see two very familiar faces, which caused me to smile. I gently nudged Angie's shoulder, causing her to turn around to see the two former Phantom Lord members.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Gajeel Redfox and Juvia Lockser." Angelica says happily while re-adjusting her cloak.

"OH Y/N AND ANGELICA! JUVIA IS SO HAPPY TO SEE YOOOOOUU!" Juvia exclaims while hugging us both from behind making the three of us laugh.

"Oi! I don't get one to?" Gajeel butts in while pushing Juvia off us.

I simply rolled my eyes while putting my feet up.

"Since when did you like getting hugs?"

Gajeel looked down nervously at the the ground.

"Shut up, Y/n." I smirked while giving him a quick punch on the shoulder making him grin back at me.

"Gihee, you guys haven't changed that much yourselves." He said while folding his arms.

"What? You expect us too?" Angie asked while taking a sip of her green tea.

We both let out a laugh while Juvia got herself up and frowned at Gajeel. She began to yell at him while I turned my attention back to the blonde. Putting my feet back down I took a good look at her and chuckled.

"You must be Lucy right?" The mage blushed yet had a very excited look on her face.

"Y-yeah! Wow, I can't believe you guys are actually here! I love your guys work so much!" I smiled great fully at her comment and shrugged.

"It's nothing much really..."

"Nothing much? You took down four dark guilds down AND made a new lake in the process for taking down those guilds in less then 5 minuets!"

Angie tilted her head to one side at Lucy before looking at me. "Did we actually?"

I shook my head. "Yeah...but we always go a bit overboard right?"

Lucy sweat dropped while looking at Natsu who was stuffing his face with food. As I looked at Natsu I caught his eye for a split second making me narrow my eyes at him.

He suddenly stopped eating and wiped his mouth before getting up from his seat, his expression suddenly serious. Lucy looked quite surprised by this and the blue haired girl named Wendy.

I knew what he wanted to do, so I got up as well and made my way towards him. "Me and Natsu will be back in a moment...need to sort out a few things..." I mumbled.

Angie smirked. "Natsu and I."

"THAT DOSEN'T MATTER!" I yelled at her before turning my attention back at Natsu. "Shall we?"

🔥🔥Natsu P.O.V🔥🔥

We walked through the streets of Magnolia in silence for a while until we stopped in front of the cathedral. I looked over at Y/n who had her head down, all her positive energy gone so suddenly.

"Go ahead," I heard her say. "Yell at me, scream at me, try to fight me." She then looked up at the sky before sighing. "You must be mad at me right?"

I narrowed my eyes at her before balling my fist. "Heh, I guess your right..."

"Natsu..." turning her attention towards me she had a sad expression on her face. "You have to understand-"

(Play music now!)

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" I yelled while I casted my eyes to the ground, letting my hair cover my eyes. "YOU LEFT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING! WITHOUT TELLING ANGIE! ERZA! GRAMPS! ME! YOU JUST DISAPPEARED!"

"Natsu please-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES!" I gritted my teeth fighting back my tears. "YOU LEFT WHEN WE NEEDED YOU MOST WHEN LISANNA DIED! WHEN I NEEDED YOU THE MOST!"

Y/n let out a small sniffle and pulled me into a hug taking me by surprise. Turing my head slowly, I noticed she was crying herself and holding me tight.

"I never meant to hurt you Natsu...a-and I never wanted to but..." she hugged me tighter and cried even harder before falling to her knees. "I'm the worst friend ever am I...hic- I'm- hic...so sorry..."

I could still remember the day when we all got the news on Lisanna's death, Y/n taking a mager hit on it.

*fashback*

"She's what?" Angelica asked her hands shaking. The Fairy Knights just came back from a job about a few days after the funeral.

"Lisanna is gone..." Gramps muttered softly. I sat alone on one of the tables with Happy listening to there conversation but it was shortly interrupted by the sound of Y/n's voice over Elfman's screams.

"HOW COULD YOU!" Everyone got out of there seats in astonishment. Her expression was broken and terrifying, Elfman had a nasty gash on his face and backed up away from Y/n.

"Please forgive me...it was an accident-"

"HOW COULD YOU KILL YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD!" She was about to hit him again when Mira stepped in taking the blow, causing her to break through a pillar and into a wall.

Elfman ran to his sisters side while some of the guild members near Y/n backed away from her. After the blow with Mira, she suddenly snapped out of it and realised what she's done.

Tears began to stream down her face as she looked at Angie and Gramps, there own expressions terrified and surprised. She then looked at me before running out of the guild as Mira called for her to come back.

*end of flashback*

I knelt in front of her and wrapped my arms around her making her stop. Resting my chip on top of her head I let a tear stream down my face. "What matters is your back now, and you'll promise me you'll never leave us like that again,"

She turned her head slightly up in surprise but couldn't help but cry even harder. "Nat...su..."

"Promise me." My tone was serious hoping that she knew I wasn't joking around.

There was a short pause before she let out a small laugh."Of course you dimwitted salamander." I smiled back at her and kept her close.

"Good...keep it that way...ya hear..."

"Sure..."

(A/n: HEY GUYS! I hope you are all enjoying yourselves so far and sorry for getting all the sad mushy stuff right off the bat here and now but...opps! I'll be sending out the next part as soon as possible as I'm trying to update the rest of all my other stories! So stay tuned! ✌🏼👆)