Chapter 11: Crappy Magazines and Sleepovers

BACK TO 3rd PERSON! :D I hope you enjoy this chapter. WARNING: I am not a romance novelist, so I'm not good with some of these potentially awkward/cute situations. Dedicated to wonder_boy for showing support (:

"Hey Horan, what do you want for dinner?" Skylar called, as she rifled through her refrigerator, looking for something to eat.

"Did you make anymore of that yummy chicken onion sauce stuff?"

"What?" The brown-eyed girl asked, not knowing that Niall had eaten her lemongrass chicken.

"The pot of---"

"YOU ATE MY LEMONGRASS CHICKEN?!?!?!" Skylar gasped in realization.

"Oh, so that's what it was."

"I was going to eat that! You thieving leprechaun!" Skylar joked playfully.

"Sorry... It was yummy..." The sky-blue eyed boy hung his head in shame.

The girl's tone softened. "That's alright, that's what friends are for, right?"

"I thought we were best friends!"

"Since when did that happen?"

"Since when did that NOT happen?!"

"Um... Since Louis called dibs on me being his best friend like 2 weeks ago...?"

"What! No, you're my best friend!" Niall scoffed, giving her an awkward side-hug, the right cheek of his smiling face pressed up against Skylar's right cheek, making her blush like a tomato.

"Okay, Ni," Skylar said, giggling.

"Don't worry, Sky. Ha that's a cute name combination!!! Ni and Sky!" Niall exclaimed in adoration, making Skylar blush at the thought of Niall even considering their names in the same sentence as each other, nonetheless, being a cute pair of names.

"Ummm Niall... You can let go of me now?"

"Nuh uh," Niall said, squeezing her even tighter, only making Skylar blush even more.

"Why?" Skylar asked, dragging out the last part of the word.

"Why not? Anyways, I'm comfortable like this."

Skylar continued to flush shades of red, and wanted to continue cooking dinner for the both of them before they ended up starving, and before the pot of chicken cooking on the stove burned. The blonde boy that was firmly attached to her didn't seem to budge, no matter how hard she tried to beg him and shake him off. Her eyes scanned the counter, and she was about to give up hope, and eating dinner that night, when her eyes landed on a carton of eggs. Straining her arm, she reached over the pot, and opened the carton, and picked up one of the eggs. Smirking, she moved that arm behind her back, before asking Niall one more time to let go of her.

"Ni... Are you going to let go?"

"Nope."

"Okay," she smirked, as she smashed the egg on the blonde boy's head.

"WHAT THE?" Niall's arms flew off of Skylar, and went up to his blonde, egg-covered, head of hair. Just the break Skylar needed to continue cooking.

"Sorry Horan, but I gotta cook food!!! And as much as I'd love to cuddle with you right now, I have to eat before I die of starvation!"

"So you don't like my hugs?" The blonde boy's voice was filled with hurt, as he jutted out his bottom lip.

"I never said that," Skylar said in a soft whisper, before continuing her rant about dying from starvation. "But would you rather stand here and hug me, let the food burn, and then starve to death, or would you rather save the hugs for another time and not die?"