Chapter 13: Names

-time skip- -9 months pregnant-

WADE'S POV:

It's been a few months since we moved to our new house. During that time me and (name) got the house all finished and the twins room all done. We got all the twins stuff we needed. (Name) works from home, she's been working from home for 3 months now. The twins are due soon, (name) is 9 months pregnant. It was getting harder for her to move and walk around for long. So she asked her boss to work from home and he was ok with that. We have been thinking of baby names. We still haven't picked out names yet. We were making lunch and watching some movies, just to have a relaxing day. As we were half way through a movie I saw (name) drop the food and screamed out in pain. "(name) what's wrong?'' I asked her, scared. "My water broke, the twins are coming." (name) yelled in pain holding her belly. I threw my food across the room and quickly got up and helped her as well. I went and got the overnight bag and anything else we needed. I held her as I took her to the van and helped her in and put the bag stuff in the back of the van. Good thing I put the baby car seats in last week. I buckled her in and closed her door. I went to the driver's side, opened the door and got in. I pulled out the car key and put the car key in the ignition and started the van. The van started and I drove to the hospital. We will get to the hospital. We live close so we will get there soon. As we were driving to the hospital, (name) was panting and screaming in pain as the twins were coming. She was gripping the arm rest and trying to deal with the pain. "We're almost there toots. Just do your breathing and we'll be there in a bit." I told her. "How close are we to the hospital?" (name) asked/yelled at me. "We're 10 minutes away." I told her. I hold on to her hand and I keep driving. After driving for 10 minutes we arrived at the hospital. "We're here toots." I tell her as I park the car and get out. 

I get out and go to her side and open the door for her. I helped her out of the car and headed inside the hospital lobby. We walked up to the reception desk. "Help my girlfriend is in labor." I told the nurse. She calls for a wheelchair and comes and helps her. A minute later another nurse came with the wheelchair and they helped her on the wheelchair. They put her in a room. They got her changed out of her clothes and put her in a hospital gown. They helped her get on the bed and the nurse checked her to see if she was ready. she was still not ready. 

After some time passed a nurse came back and checked her again. (name) was ready this time. They took her to the labor room. The nurses laid (name) on the bed and put her legs up on the leg holders (don't know the name). The doctor came into the room and saw how far she was. He said she was ready and the doctor told (name) to push. She did and I held her hand during the birth and was supportive the whole time. She pushed.  

-Time Skip-

READERS POV:

I was in bed and in a lot of pain. “start pushing.” The doctor said. ‘finally.’ I thought. I pushed and it was painful. Wade was holding my hand and saying sweet things. He was being supportive during the birth. I held onto Wade's hand and kept pushing.

-Time Skip- 

After a few hours the twins were finally here. when i was pushing i broke wade's hands (yes both hands). I held the baby boy and wade the baby girl, not sure which one and I don't care. "What are we going to call them toots". Wade asked me. "How about River Wilson (Last name) for the boy and Flare Wilson (Last name) for the girl." I say as I am holding River. Wade is holding Flare with his broken hands. We stayed like that for a while. Wade sat in a chair that's in my room. We were softly talking to the twins. 

After a while two nurses came in and one said they were going to weigh them and measure them. We handed the twins to them and they left. I felt sleepy after all that pushing. "Wade i'm going to sleep". I told him. "ok toots, i'll be here when you wake up". he says sweetly. He gave me a kiss on my forehead. I look at him and fall asleep with a smile on my face. I felt him holding my hand as I slept. 

-time skip- 

It's been a few days since I had the twins. The doctor came into my room. He said I can go home after he signs the papers. “a nurse will come with a wheelchair for you." the doctor said. Wade packed up all my stuff and the twins' stuff. The nurse came in a few minutes later with the wheelchair. 

   she helped mt in it and pushed me to the car. wade carried everything: my stuff, the kids stuff and babies. it was a funny site. "wade hand me the babies." i told him. "no toots i got them." he said. I sighed and shook my head. We got into the car and the nurse helped me in it and Wade put the stuff in the car and the babies. I had to hold one so he could put the other baby in the car seat without trouble. Wade put the second baby and he got to the driver side and drove us home. When we got home, Wade put mine and the twins' stuff in the house and came back and got one baby and I got the other, the twins were asleep so we put the twins to bed. Wade and I go to our room and lay down and look up at the ceiling. We are finally home with our kids. we look at each other and we kiss. we cuddle up and go to sleep. Before I fall asleep I have one thought: ‘it's good to be home again with my family. it's going to be a wild ride.’ I thought smiling, cuddling up to wade. 

Edited: 5-1-24