Chapter 11: Plus 2

READERS POV: 

It has been 3 months since i found out i was pregnant and told Wade. Wade and I are going to the doctors for a check up. I can see my belly getting big. During those 3 months, we have been making the 2nd bedroom (my old room) into the baby’s room. We're not sure if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl. We painted the room white with a light purple color. (mixed blue and pink). Took 2 days to do a double coat and fix a few holes and replace some things. We have been getting baby stuff and baby supplies. We have been reading baby books and going to baby classes. Hopefully we get everything done before the baby gets here. Wade and I sold some of our stuff or traded it for baby stuff. 

The stuff we sold we used that money to go into the baby or new clothes for me. Some of my old clothes aren't fitting anymore. New to start buying maternity clothes. I got a new job working as an accountant. I'm going to be working there before the baby gets here. Going to be a stay at home mom for a while. Wade has been taking more jobs than he would like to, but with all the extra jobs he's been doing we will be able to take care of the baby and help each other out. As I was lost in thought I didn't hear Wade calling me. "(name). Earth to (name). Where did you go? I've called your name a few times” he said, waving his hand in my face. “Also we're here at the hospital too." Wade said worried. "Sorry Wade, didn't mean to zone out or worry you. was lost in thought. thinking about the last 3 month.'' I tell him with a happy tone. We get off the vespa and I hold on to his arm as we walk into the hospital. We walk in and talk to the receptionist nurse. She told us to fill out some papers. We took the papers and we filled out the paperwork. When we were done with the paperwork we gave it back to the nurse. After we give the paperwork back we wait to be called. After an hour of waiting we get called. "Miss (last name) please follow me.” me and wade follow her. When we get to a room. “lay on the table and roll up your shirt to do the ultrasound." the nurse tells me. I do what she tells me.
She put some jelly on my belly and put the ultrasound transducer. (looked up what the part was. It's the mouse looking thing that they put on the belly). The nurse moves it around my belly and she looks at the screen. The nurse is moving the device around my belly to find the baby. After a bit she finds the baby. “Found the baby.take a look”. She says as she points on the screen of the ultrasound. Me and Wade look at the screen. “Hmm? Looks like there's another one. "Congratulations you're having twins." the nurse says. She points where the other baby is. Me and Wade are shocked about the information the nurse just told us. "twins?" is all I'm able to say. 

WADE'S POV: 

'Twins? I can't believe we're having twins'. I say it in my mind a few times. 'we're going to have to get more baby stuff.' i think. I smile big. "The family just got bigger by one more baby." I say smiling and kiss (name) on her head. I see her crying. "Why are you crying toots"? I ask her. "I'm just happy." is her answer. The nurse cleans off the jelly thing on her belly and says we can leave. (Name) gets her bag and we head out of the hospital. We head to the vespa and I drive us home talking about having to get more baby stuff and how we should get a van. 

When we get to our place. "Let's get a bigger apartment or house wade?" (name) says. 'Getting a bigger apartment would be nice but a house would be better.' I thought about for a minute. "Ok, let's get a house before the baby gets here. We will probably need all the extra space. We can start looking tomorrow while we're shopping for more baby stuff. "Ok babe. Let's find a perfect house for our growing family." (name) said happily. I give her a kiss on the lips and she returns it. We break the kiss after a while and walk back to our small crappy apartment. When we get back we start making dinner. As we were having dinner we talked about baby names. After dinner we move to the living room and watch a movie. As we were watching the movie (name) falls asleep before me. I turn off the tv and pick up (name) bridal style. I lay her on our bed. I cover her up with a blanket. I get in bed with her. As i lay in bed i have one last thought before i fall asleep. 'I'm going to be a family man, can't wait for what comes next'. I say before I fall asleep with a smile. 

Edited: 4-20-24