Chapter Forty - Five

"Revealations Part 2: A twist of Fate"
*************
ARA
.
Nagising ako ng maramdaman kong may nakakabantay sakin, nilibot ko ang paningin ko nasa kwarto na ako, ang huli kong alam eh yung mga huling salitang binitawan ni name alike. Kahit siguro namang pagsabihan nun kakabahan.
.
"Hey baby how are you?"
.
Binaling ko ang tigin ko kung san nagmulq yung boses na yun, paglingon ko sa kaliwa ko nakita ko si Thomas, nakatitig sakin at ang mga mata ay punong puno ng pag aalala.
.
"You want something to eat? nagugutom kanaba? How bout water? i'll go get you some.."
.
Sabi niya, tatayo na sana siya ng hawakan ko yunh kaliwang kamay niya, napatingin naman siya sakin "Ara--" panimula ni Thomas sabay hawak sa kamay ko.
.
"I-i'm s-sorry.."
.
Sabi niya at nakita kong may mga namumuong luha sa mga mata niya "Sorry for what?" sabi ko sabay punas sa mga namumuong luha sa mata niya.
.
"Sorry for not telling you the truth, sorry for being so stupid, I'm sorry that I broke your trust, sorry for--"
.
Tinapat ko yung hintuturo ko sa bibig niya "Baby, I understand that, kahit sino naman siguro matatakot sabihin yun pero ang hindi ko lang maintindihan bakit hindi mo agad sinabi sakin para--"
.
"Kasi natakot ako, natakot ako na baka pag sinabi ko sayo, layuan mo na ako, i'm afraid that im going to loose you again, I let you go once I cannot afford to loose you the second time around"
.
Sabi niya sabay halik sa kamay ko, bumangon naman ako saka umupo at tinapik ko ang kanang bahagi kung san ako nakaupo tumayo si Thomas at umupo sa tabi ko "Now Thomas I need you to explain everything para naman updated din ako andaya mo eh ikaw lang nakakaalam share share din pag may time" sabi ko sabay tawa pero may mga namumuong luha na sa mga mata ko nung oras na yun.
.
Narinig ko namang tumawa ng mahina si Thomas saka huminga ng malalim at tumingin sakin.
********************
THOMAS
This is it, this is my time to tell Ara everything and,to explain everything. I looked at her straight in her eyes and she just nodded at me and held my hand.
.
"U-uhm how do I start this,"
.
I said because I was so nervous I dont where to start, "Baby kaya mo yan, just tell me I'll try to understand" she said I feel that tears are starting to build up on my eyes, but she wiped it off my eyes "Ano ba yan baby, di kapa nakakapag umpisa iniiyakan mo na ako agad yung totoo?" she said while chuckling.
.
"S-sorry," I said
.
"Okay lang yan game na take two na to ha" she said while laughing ang bakla ko tuloy tignan pero wala akong pakialam yung luha ko eh luha ng kaligayahan kasi handa siyang makinig at intindihin ang explanation ko.
.
"Well it all started way back March 8, 2002. If im not mistaken.."
.
***Flash Back****
.
"Chris! son come on hurry up!"
.
My dad shouted inside his car he's picking me up today because we will be visiting his old friend we always do this every friday afternoon.
.
"I'm coming dad!!" I said in glee while going to where our car is parked.
.
"You ready to see mr. montemayor again?" he said as he put my seatbelt on, I just nodded and smiled "And today we're going to meet his daughter and from what I know she's really pretty" dad said and smiled at me,
.
"Really dad?"
.
I said and then dad just nodded "I like her already" I said and dad chuckled "How can you tell that you like her already when this will be the first time that you'll meet her?" dad ask and played with his eyebrows.
.
"Uhmm I dont know, well you said that she's pretty thats for sure and second I dont know dad basta!"
.
I said and dad burst out laughing "Oh boy, you really are a Torres pero son, if you'll choose to love a person, you will love her not by just her physical appearance, but because of her inner beauty," I didnt even have an idea to what dad is talking about but one things for sure, I can definitely use it one day when I grow up.
.
"So off we go?"
.
Dad asked me and I just nodded and smiled "Let's go" I said in a voice full of excitement.
.
--Fast forward: At Holy Angel University--
.
"Dad is this the place where were going to meet Mr. Montemayor?" I asked dad as I look around the place inside our car. "Yes son, and this is were her daughter studies" dad told me and smiled at me.
.
"Daaaaad!!"
.
Then dad bursted out laughing again "I was just joking son," he said and messed with my hair.
"Dad? Can I go and explore this school while you're waiting for your friend?" I asked dad and he just nodded.
.
So I started to walk and explore the school hmmm this is a big school as well, well not as big compared to our school but big enough to accomodate a good amount of students. So I continued strollin then I saw a sign that says "Math Park" I said hmm interesting as I enter the said park I heard a voice, a girls voice and it seems that she's crying.
.
So I peak to see whats going on and to my surprise it was three boys who's bullying this little girl "I told you to get out of our swing! you brat!" sabi nung leader nila "B-bakit k-kayo nanunulak?" the little girl started to cry "At bakit may angal ka?" said by the other student
.
"W-wala kaso bkit kayo pumapatol sa babae mga bading kayo no?" my god this girl is a fighter but she's only making the situation the situation worse or in other words she's digging her own grave.
.
"Abay!"
.
Said by the other boy as well the little girl just closed her eyes oh for christ sake she's goin to be hit I dont know why but the last thing I know is I'm already fighting those kids who's bullying her, I got hit in the arms but they cant hit me in my face.
.
"Ahm miss you okay?"
.
I asked her and lend my hand to help her stand she looked at me "Y-yeah t-thanks--ouch!" she said I looked down and I see some scrapes and scratches on her knees.
.
"Hmm are you sure?"
.
I asked her and I even chuckled because she didnt accpet my hand but she cant stand at all she start to look around maybe she's looking for those kids who tried to hit her a while ago.
"Those cowards can only pick at those kids who's smaller than them" I told her as I try to remove the dust from her uniform.
.
"Thank you ha"
.
She said and smiled at me. I dont know why but on that moment I felt like I was being electrified by something. My heart started to beat like it's being chase by dog or a ghost. "Huy okay kalang? sabi ko thank you!" she said and laughed I just chuckle and shook my head off after that.
.
"O-ouch!!"
.
She keeps on complaining ugh! Girls can be annoying sometimes I tell you "Be strong okay? it's just small cuts" i told her she just nodded but still complaining everytime that the nurse will put a cotton with alcohol on her scratches.
.
"Ang tapang mo naman hijo kalain mo? napalayas mo yung mga grade 4 na yun eh grade 2 kalang din kagaya netong si Salas" said by the nurse hmm so salas is her name? Quite an unusual name for a girl I wonder whats the name of her parents. So were on the same grade as well hmm interesting.
.
"Hindi naman po miss, ayoko kasi ng nakakakita ng babaeng inaapi" I said then bowed I suddenly felt a little bit shy when she looked at me after I said that.
.
"Awwwe ang bata bata mo pa ang sweet sweet mo na teka hindi ka studyante dito diba?" retorted by the nurse
.
"Opo" I answered
.
"So how did you get here?" The nurse asked me again
.
"Uhm it's my dad, he's just visiting an old friend here, I got bored and started to check your school and by some fortunate instance I saw her getting bullied by your three students" ugh! she's still staring at me do I have a dirt on my face? or what? and there it goes my heart started to beat twice as fast as its normal, I feel so uncomfortable when someone's staring at me.
.
"Uhm thank you pala ha, kung wala ka dun siguro nabugbug na ako" she while chuckling were here at their school park having some snack she insists to treat me, thank you gift daw.
.
"Uhm yeah I guess it was destined to happen that I will save you from them" I responed then took a sip.
.
"Pero thank you talaga" she said again.
.
"You're welcome again" I said then I smiled at her I dont know why but it just happened.
.
"Thats more like it you look more adorable when you smile" She said I suddenly felt the heat crawling up my face I found her chuckling.
.
"What?" I asked her
.
"W-wala lang" she said. "You're cute when you smile too" I said and smiled at her she didnt response and she just continue finishing her snacks instead.
.
I saw her face turn red as she started to sip her soda "Hmm you're blushing" I told her and chuckled,
.
"Oy di--"
.
From: Dad
Chris where are you? we need to go home son, mr. montemayor called me and he said that he didnt come to school today because of an emergency, meet me at the parking lot.
.
She was about to say something when dad texted me so I stood up immidiately and put my backpack on "Sorry miss but we need to go" I said and started to walk towards my dads car.
.
"Teka!"
.
She shouted before I enter our car "Yes?" I said "Ano pala name mo?" she asked "Just call me chris" I told her then she smiled and I finally entered our car.
.
"So.."
.
Dad said with a teasing voice. "So what dad?" I asked him sometimes parents can be wierd you know? "Nothing, who's the girl?" he said while driving.
.
I just looked outside the window "Nothing, some cute girl that needs a knight in shining armor" I said and smiled.
.
***End of first Flashback***
.
"Naalala mo pa yun baby?" I asked ara about it she just covered her face and shook her head but I can see her smiling.
.
"Oh why are you hiding your face?" I asked her but she shook her head again "Hmmm your blushing no?" I said and pinched her left arm and she nodded, so I chuckled then she looked at me and give me those dagger looks.
.
"Diba may usapan tayo walang asaran pag nag bablush?" she said and crossed her arms I nodded and smiled "O e bakit tinatawanan mo ko kanina, saka masama ba kiligin na yung childhood superhero mo is boyfriend ko na ngayon, wala pala sayo eh.." she said and pouted I almost blushed there.Oops..
.
"Diba I told you before na chuckling or giggling is my own way of expressing my kilig feelings for you?" I said and smiled then boom she--
.
"Alam ko namumula nanaman ako, wag mo nang imention jusko, bago mo pa makita yan ramdam ko na kaya inunahan na kita" she said and rolled her eyes.
.
"Baby naman eh," I said and pouted "Ay naku Thomas tigilan mo ako sa kakaganyan mo, saka dipa tapos kwento mo dali, wag kanang sumegway dalian mo na magkwento dali continue" she said and smiled at me, I just shook my head while smiling.
.
***Start of second Flashback***
.
six years later...
.
"Thomas!"
.
I looked back and stop from walking as a familiar voice of a girl called my attention "Hey whats with the rush? Your dad told me that we should now go to school together since were gonna get married one day" she said and wrapped her left arm on my right arm.
.
"So how's school?" she asked.
.
"Twas fine" I said and stop from walking "What's wrong are you okay?" she said and looked at me.
.
"My shoe laces are loose I need to tie em' up" I said plainly "Okay" she said and smiled, I just rolled my eyes and shook my head, I hope she didnt see that.
.
"Arra seriously?!" I said irritatedly.
.
"What?" she asked curiously.
.
"I said I need to tie my shoe laces so it means that I need to bend so I can tie my shoe laces and I need my two arms to do that, and how am I suppose to do it if your arms are tangled with mine?" I said and I accidentally raised my voice, she automatically untangled her arm from mine so I started to tie my shoe laces.
.
"Thank you" I said sarcastically as I tighten my shoe laces, but she didnt responses usually she will say 'you're welcome or no problem' but this time she didnt respond, oh well like I care.
.
"Lets--" I was surprised when I saw her covering her mouth and seeing some tears falling from her eyes "A-are you crying?" I asked her, ugh stupid thomas of course she's crying what do you call those liquids falling from her eyes? A saliva that's overflowing?
.
But she didnt respond perhaps she grab her handkerchief and started to wipe her tears "C-come on d-diba 8am class mo b-baka m-malate kapa mapagalitan ka ulit ng prof mo" she said and smile and started to walk.
.
"Hey Arra"
.
She looked back and stopped from walking so I catched up with her and I held her hand "You're not mad anymore?" she asked. I looked at her and shook my head "No i'm not mad at all its just that I need to tie my shoe laces a while ago and its hard to that with your arms tangled with mine, Im sorry if I raised my voice" I said she just smiled at me.
.
If ever you're wonderin why this girl that im together with is saying that we'll getting married one day, well it all started six years ago a month after the last time we went to visit Mr. Montemayor my dad's friend at his office.
.
My dad told me that we need to attend a meeting of course i'm wondering if what it's all about? because if its business matters I dont see a reason why an eight-year old kid needs to be involved, so as stop by a very huge building named Montemayor Industries Inc. I was amazed when we were outside the building and I am more amazed when we stepped inside the building.
.
"Wow Dad is this the office of your friend, Mr. Montemayor? I said as look around inside while were sitting at the lobby.
.
"Yes son, he owns this company and we'll meet him today so behave okay?" Dad told me as he stood up and approached the front desk to ask if mr. montemayor is around. "Son we need to wait for 30 minutes he's still in a meeting" Dad said as he took a sip of his coffee that was served by one of the employees here.
.
"Dad can I look around?" I ask him "Yes but dont go too far okay? and be back here before 30minutes" he said and started to read some news papers "Yes daddy I will" I said and I get off the couch Im sitting and started to walk.
.
As I explore the building, I saw a lot of people walking, some are in a hurry some are just plainly walking and some are talking to someone throught their cellphones while walking around the building.
.
TING!!
.
I stopped looking around and I got curious on how many people can be carried by a single elevator so as the door opens I saw a familiar face. She's with her mom I guess,
.
"Hey Salas!"
.
I shouted and caught some people's attention but she didnt looked at me "Hey Little girl who got bullied in the swing!" I shouted and again and she stopped from walking and looked around looking for the voice that she heard so I waved my hands.
.
And then she noticed me she smiled at me, that smile I dont know but it really melts my heart to see her smile like that, I still remember that smile that she gave me after I save her from the kids that's bullying him from her school.
.
"Chris?" she shouted as well and I saw her mom talked to her, she said something to her mom and her mom just nodded and looked at me so I smiled at them and her mom wave her hands at me while smiling.
.
I just nodded and she started to run towards my direction and after she got near she drew her sweet smile again and give me a high five "What are you doing here?" I asked her but she just laughed.
.
"My dad works here, " she said while holding her hands, I just smiled after I noticed that "Eh ikaw what are you doing din here?" she said curiously.
.
"My dad will visit his friend, who works here as well" I said and looked at her, wow I know that were still young but even a kid can also appreciate and recognize a pretty face,
.
"Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have a dirt in my face?" she said and started to wipe her face using her handkerchief but I just chuckled and she growled and pouted at me.
.
"I hate it when people try to make fun of me" she said and looked away, I moved closer and tap her shoulder "Point!" I said as I pinch my finger on her fluffy cheeks then she pouted again.
.
"Hey im not making fun of you okay? it's just that im happy that I saw you here" I said and she look at me "Really?" she said while giving me that 'weh' look.
.
"Yep" I said while smiling "O-okay hehe" she said and smiled but her cheeks are starting to turn red cute.
.
"Vicky honey time to say goodbye to your friend we need to go home" her mom approached us "Ahh so your name is vicky?" I ask and she nodded.
.
"And are you the boy that saved my princess from those bullies before?" her mom asked me "Y-yes po tita," I said and looked down.
.
"Awwe that is so brave of you hijo, thank you for doing that pero next time dont fight with others ha, bad kasi yun" said by her mom "But I need to save her po kasi eh" I said and looked down while playing my hands.
.
"Yes hijo, and I appreciate that pero you can seek help from others naman eh like teachers or either the elder ones" her mom told me I just smiled and nodded "Pero thank you ulit chris ha" said by her mom and pat my head.
.
"You're welcome po tita" I replied then smiled "Oh sige hijo we need to go home na ha ingat ka sino pala kasama mo? One of your parents works here?" tanong ni tita I just shook my head.
.
"Hindi po, im with my dad and he will just visit an old friend" I said "Oh whats the name of your dads friend I can help you find him here?" said by tita "I cannot tell the name po eh, kasi po dad told me that I cant just disclosed someones identity to a person that i've just met" I said and tita smiled at me.
.
"Very well," sabi ni tita "I like how your parents raised you very clever and polite, pero sige go back to your dad na kasi aalis na kami, you might be lost masyado malaki tong building pag nawala ka" she said and chuckled.
.
"Yes po tita sige po ingat" I said "Bye chris i'll see you soon" said by vicky.
.
I wave my hand while smiling and vicky's doing the same thing as well. I dont know why am I having this kind of feeling even as a kid haha it feels like you tummy is being tickled by volts that it affects your heart that triggers your brain to think about happy thoughts only. weird
.
"Is this your Chris?"
.
Said by the man in a black suit sitting on a big swivel chair behind his desk full of papers and folders "Yes kumpadre its him" my dad told him as we enter the room.
.
"What a handsome kind you got here" said by the guy in a black suit who approached us and pat my head "Hello i'm Mr. Art Montemayor, but you can call me Tito Art" he said while smiling and lend his hands.
.
"Hello po Tito Art" I said in return and shake tito arts hands "So you're my dad's friend right?" I asked. Tito Art just smiled and nodded at me.
.
So they dad and tito art talked about a lot of things which I dont have any ideas at all, I'm just sitting and watching TV at tito arts office, and then I saw dad and tito art shaked hands and laughed at each other.
.
I saw tito art walked his way towards my direction, while im currently sitting on a couch while watching Tom and Jerry "Do you like that show?" Tito art asked me. I just nodded but I didnt remove my attention from the show "My Daughter love that show as well, just like how you love it" tito art said and sat beside me.
.
"Really po?" I said and looked at him "Yep" he said and smiled "How old is she na po?" I asked again, I dont know why I even asked for it, I'm just curious about it. "She's the same as your age" tito art said,
.
"Talaga po?" I replied with a smile, Tito art just nodded and smiled at me in response. And then he started to get something from his back pocket. "Here is she" he said while his showing the picture of his daughter that he have on his wallet.
.
"Wow she's pretty" I said in glee, the picture seems to be familiar it's quite blurred "Thanks, Her name is Victonara, but she preferred being called Ara, I dont know why but she hates her name" tito art paused for a while and chuckled "this picture was taken when she's just. 5 years old" said by tito art. I just nodded and smiled and then I turn attention to the show that i'm watching.
.
"And she'll be your wife soon"
.
I almost fell out of the chair that i'm sitting because of what my dad told me, "M-my wife?" I asked. I know what wife means but am I too young to get married?
.
"Yes son, Mr. Montemayor and I made a deal that you and his daughter will be married after you graduated from college so their company and ours will look at each other backs to make it stronger" Dad told me while and patting my right shoulder. I just looked at him.
.
"Dont worry hijo, you'll get to know her soon, medyo nalate lang kayo ng dating ng konti they were here 15 minutes before you entered the room sayang" tito art said while smiling.
.
"Arent you excited about this son?" dad asked me while drinking wine "Yes, i'm sure you too well get along just fine, my ara is a little bit shy at first but she'll be fine once she get to know you" tito art said and smiled.
.
"I-i think I want to meet her already" I said and smiled at them and they both laughed
***End of Flashback***
.
"So nagkakilala na pala tayo before?" ara asked me out of curiousity. I nodded.
.
"Eh bakit parang wala akong maalala na naka arrange marriage ako sayo? at kung ako dapat ang naka arrange marriage sayo, pano naging si Arra ang kasama mo? Ang gulo ha.." she said with full of confusion,
.
"Seriously speaking, I dont know as well why and how I ended up being arranged to marry Arra, because as far as I remember it was you" I said and we are now looking at each others eyes.
***********
ARA
.
Ano daw? Kanina sumakit ulo ko nung nalaman kong kapatid ko si Ate Nate at si Arra ngayon naman etong kwentong ni Thomas ano ba talaga ang totoo? Tapos ngayon ako dapat yung ikakasal sakanya pano naging si name alike?
.
"Thomas, wala nabang kadugtong yung kwento after nung dun usapan niyo nila papa sa opisina niya?" tanong ko kay Thomas grabe kasi pati ako nagulat.
.
"I'll try to remember" sabi niya at pumikit "Wala baby eh, I cant remember it kung meron man i'm sorry" he said and bowed down, Inangat ko naman yung mukha niya.
.
"Okay lang yan baby, ang mahalaga nalaman ko na ang totoo, and thank you kasi sinabi mo sakin salamat kasi akala ko niloko mo ko pero nagkamali ako, I'm sorry too.." sabi ko sabay yuko nahihiya kasi ako sakanya siguro gawa narin ng inis at pagkalito ko sa mga nangyari sa mga araw na to kaya ko nasabi sakanya yun.
.
"Hey, baby dont say that I know that its hard for you to adjust from the things that you have learned today, and I cant blame you for that, I should be the one ashamed here, because we made a promise not to keep a secret from each other, but I hid those things from you, i'm sorry I got scared that if I'll tell you, you'll run away from me and I dont want that to happen, kaya I kept it nalang" sabi naman ni Thomas, halata mong sincere siya sa mga sinasabi niya at nakikita kong medyo may namumuong luha sa mga gilid ng mata niya.
.
Which made me smile inside kasi napatunayan ko na totoo nga yung sabi ni mama na: "Kung tunay kang mahal ng isang lalaki, handa niyang sabihin ang lahat sayo kahit ikababa pa ng pride niya at malalaman mo ring totoong mahal ka niya pag iniyakan ka niya sa harap mo mismo"
.
"So bati na tayo baby ha, no more secrets to hide" sabi ko sakanya ngumiti naman siya sakin at tumango.
.
Niyakap ko siya at niyakap niya rin ako ng mahigpit, namiss ko to yung kaming dalawa lang "I love you baby, i'll never get tired from telling you that" bulong niya sakin.
.
"I love you too baby, thank you for being patient sa pagkatopakin ko, thank you dahil dumating ang isang gaya mo na magpapabago sa buhay ko, i'll always love you kahit di ka na tumangkad pa" sabi ko bigla naman siyang tumawa sabay halik sa pisngi ko, naka isa nanamn po siya bilis talaga.
.
*******************
THOMAS
.
Riiiing!!!
.
Ugh! its sunday, who is this calling at 10 in the morning, I still need to sleep I came home late last night after Ara and I talked things over and I'm glad that were back to normal now.
.
Riiiiiing!!!
.
Mika WVT Calling...
.
Huh? why is Mika calling is there something wrong?
.
"H-hello T-thomas?" - Mika
.
"Hello, miks, oh whats wrong why do you sound so nervous?"
.
"S-si *sniff* B-bes *sniff* kasi.." - Mika
.
"Miks, what happened?! If this is a joke is not a good joke, C'mmon Miks tell me you're making me nervous" I suddenly felt nervous about this, Im pretty sure that this is not joke, Mika dont joke around if its her bestfriend.
.
.
.
.
.
"S-si a-arra kasi sumugod dito kaninang umaga, at h-hinahanap si bes sabi niya makikipag - ayos nadaw siya, pero duda ako kasi mukhang lasing si Arra, kasi sabi ni bes okay lang daw, pero nung lumapit si b-bes sakanya k-kinuha siyang sapilitan n-nung k-kapatid n-niya at p-pinaharurot yung sasakyan, natatakot ako Thomas.." -Mika
.
*******************
VOTES and COMMENTS
.
-Ayan bati ng ang ThomAra
.
-Si Ara pala dapat at hindi si Arra ang pakakasalan what happened?
.
-At ano mangyayari sa kapatid?
Abangaaaaan....
.
A/N; Ayan nakapag UD narin sa wakas! grabe sumakit ang ulo kamay at utak ko sa kakaisip sa UD na to pagpasensyahan niyo na po ito lang nakayanan ko, guys mukhang 6-7 Chapters pa hehe mabibitin kung 5-6 nalang eh anyways sorry sa napakahabang UD na to kelangan ko kasi idetailed importante kasi to and the following chapters. Thank you for reading
.
Til next chap...
.
-SafeHaven13

****************************