8

It was after two days when Cindy decided to go home. Siya had found enough ammunition to get rid of her.
He had thought of his son and realised that he had to live for him and his mother. Getting married really proved to be a premature decision but he was old or so he thought.
At just 29, he was ready to start his own family but Cindy proved to be incompetent.
It was Saturday, which meant he was home. He had spent the past two days drinking to drown his sorrows.
He couldn't understand why he had to leave Ayanda, break her but realised that this was his karma. He was paying for having played with Yaya's love.
He remembered the first time he saw her. She was walking out of a clothing store looking very beautiful. Yaya is caramel skinned, has a few freckles that add to her beauty. It was those freckles around her nose that captured him. He knew he had to get her.
"Good morning " , said Cindy who disrupted his chain of thoughts. She had taken a shower then went to look for her husband after getting dressed.
"What's good about it? ", he asked. He had a very bad hangover.
"I... It's a new day "
"So now that you're done whoring, you've suddenly remembered that you're married? "
He was rather too calm, which made it difficult for Cindy to read him. He was in the lounge and maybe it was the hangover that had him composed.
Cindy was scared. She knew that he could do anything to her. She also knew that she had to be convincing in her lie.
"I wasn't... I would never do that to you"
She faked tears, acting as though she's hurt but knowing that her husband is right.
"You seem to forget who you're married to. I'm disappointed. We've been together since you were what... 16?"
She gulped down, shaking. This confirmed that Siya knew, which explained why he had cut her off.
"I.. I'm sorry"
"I want you to pack every shit that you came with. Shit that wasn't bought with my money. After you're done you'll sign the divorce papers that are by the bedside and make sure that our paths never cross again "
His anger was audible in his voice. Her heart just shattered. He knew she had next to nothing. She thought of all the designer shoes, designer clothes and bags that she had to leave behind.
He had made her and now, he was breaking her
"Please don't do this"
She begged, tears falling down her cheeks.
"Siya please. We've come too far for you to.. To"
He slapped her, clearly irritated.
"Don't fucken piss me off more. You slept in another man's house! You cheated on me even after I married you. You wanted my money, you wanted to clean me off! "
He spit on her then left, taking his wallet and car keys.
He knew if he were to stay, he'd end up doing something he didn't want to do.
He called his helper on his way to the hotel so she can bring him clothes and other stuff.
He was tired, drained and angry. Cindi had made a fool of him.
He hated himself for that and for leaving Yaya.
She's the one who warmed his heart. Thinking of her and their son gave him some light in the dark phase that he was in.
.
I never thought I'd have a friend who cared this much for me.
I look at the breakfast she's made and my heart melts.
"This looks beautiful and I'm sure it tastes divine. Thank you"
She smiles. She has a beautiful smile.
"It's my pleasure. I want you to feel better "
"I am better. I haven't seen him in two days and I'm hoping he won't.. I don't know, hate me for that or something "
I honestly say. What I did in his very expensive car will forever haunt me.
I wondered about what he thinks of me now because of that but hoped he knows that if I wasn't pregnant, it would not have happened.
"Don't worry, it's -"
Her phone rings before she can continue. We both look at it and it's an unsaved number.
"Who do you think it is? "
I ask as I devour the food she has prepared. She shrugs and ignores it
It doesn't stop.
"Maybe it's that guy. The handsome and scary guy in a wheelchair "
Her eyes shoot out, which makes me laugh.
She's so scared, it's hilarious.
"Just answer it"
I say because clearly he's not about to give up.
She answers, putting it on loudspeaker.
"Sthandwasam"
She looks at me, biting her lip.
"Alexis! "
"H.. Hello"
"Unjani? "
He has a nice voice that's not too deep but manly.
"I.. I'm fine, you? "
"I'm good. I want to see you"
That sounds like a command. I wonder if anyone can ever say no to him.
"Me? "
She's nervous. Her voice says it.
"  Am I not talking to you? "
He sounds irritated, which tells me he's an impatient man.
She looks at me and I shrug. I actually want to laugh. He reminds me of Siya.
"Alexis! "
She gets startled.
"Hello? Alexis? "
She hangs up. That's when I burst out in laughter.
"It's not funny", she says gulping down her juice.
"It is. He wants you "
I don't get how I missed this. I guess I was so scared of losing my job that I didn't see this.
"He can't. I mean, I... He's old. He has a beard"
I laugh out loud, which makes my baby kick like he can hear this.
"You're 23. We're the same age. He's really not that old "
She pouts.
" But I... why me? "
He calls again Before I can answer that.
She knows she has to answer.
"Don't you ever hang up on me, wangizwa?! "
"I.. I'm sorry"
He clicks his tongue. He's clearly mad.
"I'm going to call you around 12. Your ass better be at the shopping complex if you know what's good for you, nxa! "
Then he hangs up. I can see she wants to cry. Truth is, that scared me too.
"I'm sorry ", I say as I hug her. She sobs softly. I've never seen her like this.
"I'll help you get ready "
"I can't go", she says as we break the hug.
"You don't have a choice. "
"You're right "
She pouts. Then we do it.
I'm the first to shower then she follows suite.
I help her with choosing an outfit. If we were the same size, it would have made things easier but she's too thin.
However, since pregnancy is what got me fat, I browse through my old clothes.
"Fit this"
I throw to her what used to be one of my favourite dresses. It's not a tight fit so it's not too much.
"Perfect "
I say. It's a beautiful baby blue floral dress and she looks good in it.
"I'm fine? You mean it? "
She's panicking.
"Of course. You look beautiful "
I do her hair. She has curly hair which I hold into a bun then she's all good. I figure putting makeup on her will be too much.
She looks like a goddess after.
"Pray for me"
I laugh as she walks out. She's being dramatic.