He Thought Wrong

I was bleeding. There was blood pouring from my nose, and the rest of my body was a mess of aching bones. I wanted to stop this, but I took one look at the boy in front of me and knew that an end to this fight was not in the foreseeable future. Harry started this; I was just determined to finish it.

"Yer not gonna beat me, lass."

He snarked, spitting out blood from the right cross I had landed on his jaw just moments ago.

"Wanna bet?"

I growled, lunging forward again. If he had just minded his business, this wouldn't be happening. I kicked at his shin, sending him to his knees, before delivering a sharp blow with my knee to his shoulder. This all started weeks ago when Harry had called Evie a name that not even the foulest-mouthed villain would utter... So, I punched him in the gut. We spent the next two weeks bickering and coming to blows each time we saw each other. It really all came to a tipping point today, about ten minutes ago actually. I was walking by with Evie when Hook decided to take his sword and slash it across the back of my jacket. It wasn't deep enough to reach my actual skin, but the jacket was trashed. Evie knew how this would end. She hadn't stuck around for two seconds before she ran off for backup. Now though, I was looking down at the boy and grinned as he winced.

"So, what were you saying?"

I mocked, seeing Jay, Carlos, Evie, and Mal sprinting our way, and pushing people aside to get to the front of the mob that had started to surround us. I took my eyes off of his for two seconds... And of course, that's when everything happened.

"Knife!"

I held my breath as I heard Carlos's voice bounce off of the stone walls that surrounded us. It felt like slow motion as I whipped my head around, watching as Uma, the blue-haired daughter of Ursula threw a sword in our direction. Harry caught it by the handle with ease. Within seconds, I was falling to my knees, feeling the blood begin to drip from the newly made gash on my stomach. There was a commotion as the VKs attempted to run to my defense, only to be met with a wall of pirates. Harry stood, towering over me as he smirked.

"Yer not gonna beat me Lassy."

He spat, the last word basically dripping with venom. Like the idiot he was, he dropped the sword in his hands, raising his arms over his arms as he shouted in celebration. He thought he beat me. He thought I was done. He thought wrong. His back was turned to me. I used every ounce of strength in my body to force myself to my feet, breaking first to snatch the sword from the cobblestone. I took in a sharp breath, wincing as I stood. The sword made a sharp, sickening sound as it lightly dragged across the ground. I was already raising the blade when I reached him, tapping his shoulder twice with my fingers. The sword was already poised and ready when he spun. I took a second, noticing how heavy the hilt was in my hand, how quiet the crowd fell, how scared my friends were, how muggy the air was, and finally, the boy in front of me. His hair was matted with sweat, and his hook was knocked off earlier, leaving his two hands free, they were strong hands, and finally, I looked into his eyes. They were the most sparkling blue I had ever seen, the black bruise starting to form around his right eye made them even bluer if it was possible, his baby blues were filled with hatred, pain, and even... Fear. He was scared. That didn't seem to stop me, however. Within a split second, I felt the muscles in my arms tense, and come down swiftly. There was a sudden friction against the blade, and I knew I had made contact. I just didn't know what I had cut. Almost immediately, the evidence began to show itself. A gash began to show on his cheek, reaching from his ear, all the way to his lips. I couldn't hold it anymore. The pain was too strong. Suddenly, we were falling with each other, only separating when we reached the ground. The corners of my vision were starting to blur, and everything was muffled. My breathing was shallow as I lay there, still, as could be, watching as our respective friends ran towards us, the blood from our wounds pouring out into the street, settling in the cracks of the cobblestone before finally meeting in the middle. I felt one last big breath fill my lungs before my eyes finally shut.

I was running down the streets. It was closer to five in the morning, and the sun was starting to peek out from behind Auradon. Everything was quiet, except for the sound of my boots clacking against the stone walkways. It was that weird time of day. The night owls and drunks had just staggered home, and the early birds, the fishermen, and shopkeepers wouldn't be out for about another hour at least. Somehow though, I knew there was at least one other person awake on the Isle. A man who was thirsting for revenge just as much as I was. I grabbed my stomach and made a face. Underneath my shirt was about a six-inch scar that liked to throb and hurt when I was stressed. I rounded the corner and instantly skidded to a stop. There he was. The boy with the scar.

"Bout time ya showed up then."

His thick Scottish accent cut through the silence.

"Sorry."

I hissed.

"Had a mess to clean up."

I tossed the can of empty red spray paint, watching as it rolled directly to his feet. He nodded, a shrug falling on his shoulders.

"But I had to get ye back here somehow."

His smile was sick, stretching the whole way across his face as his eyes furrowed over his eyes. The perfect evil smile: something we learned in third grade. Suddenly, we were surrounded by more than a dozen pirates. I heard a cuss word slip from my lips as I looked around. It was a trap. I should have known this was coming. How could I not see it?

"Look."

I tried to play it cool. There was no way I was getting myself out of this one, but I had to at least try.

"I brought your stupid knife back."

I sighed, yanking it from its sheath on my waist.

"I just wanted some fun. No harm no foul."

I shrugged, feeling my breathing become jagged as they all started to step in closer.

"You're wrong."

He whispered, stepping in even closer. With a snap of his fingers, I was grabbed. A hand snatched my wrist so fast, that I had no time to use the weapon in my hand, which now clattered onto the street. Hands were covering my wrists, my ankles, and even a set holding my head straight. I couldn't move, no matter how hard I thrashed. I followed Captain Hook's son with my eyes, watching as he bent down, grabbing the dagger I had dropped. He smiled as he examined the blade, turning it over and over in his hands.

"You see, Uma's got a message for ye."

He smiled widely, his eyes finally reaching my own.

"She said..."

He stepped closer.

"That..."

I tried to move my face away, but he just grabbed my chin and held it steady.

"The deal is done."

He whispered, a flicker of mischief in his eyes as he raised the blade to my cheek, digging deep before he dragged it across my face, ending at my chin. He laughed at my screams, shaking his head as stepped back, wiping the blood off of his knife with his ratty t-shirt.

"You've lost your touch lass."

He snickered, turning on his heel before he went on his way, a new victorious pep in his step. I was suddenly dropped to my knees. I knew what was coming next. I braced myself and tried to take the beatings with as much grace as possible. I was covered in blood, and I was trying really hard not to cry as Uma's crew began to walk away. I lay there, utterly still and broken as I watched the blood from my wounds begin to settle into the streets. He was right. I had lost my touch.