CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(EDITED)

"KNOWING THE TRUTH"

-------------

V and Laurenette went back to their cottage talking about things awkwardly.

Both of them still can't believe that they are now officially in a relationship.

"This is awkward." Laurenette broke the silence between them.

"Uhh... yeah." V said scratching his head.

He chuckled silently.

They were both quiet.

Until they got into the doorstep of the cottage's porch.

"Uhm. Can I?" V asked Laurenette as he stretched his free hand to her while the other one was tucked in his pocket.

Laurenette looked at his hand then looked at his face confusedly. 

"Your hand..." He said.

Laurenette  smiled as she realized what was he asking for.

She held his hand, their fingers intertwined.

He tightened his grip and was about to open the door when Laurenette stopped him.

"Wait. Mom will see us like this." Laurenette said trying to pull her hand off of his grip.

"So what?" V said smiling. "Come on. They're waiting for us." He said between his wide smile.

"Wait. I'm scared. What if mom freaks out?" Laurenettr said worriedly. "You know...what if..."

"Don't worry. I'll handle it." V said confidently.

Then he opened the door, making Laurenette sigh deeply; nervously.

As they walked inside, they were surprised when all of them are already lying dead asleep on the floor.

But they were more surprised when Mrs. Park suddenly popped in front of them out of nowhere.

Her face was emotionless, or blank, perhaps in shock.

She looked at them blankly then looked down their knotted hands.

Laurenette was surprised and had a mental break. She was trying put himself together and start explaining, but her mom spoke first before she could.

"Let's talk outside."

Laurenette looked at V worriedly. Then they followed Mrs. Park at the porch.

They stood face to face in the porch. Nobody was around since it was already very late in the evening. Everyone was already sleeping.

"Mom... I... You know... uhm... Don't be mad! I mean... I know what I'm doing and--"

"OH.MY.GOD. You did it! YOU DID IT!!"

Laurenette stopped when her mom jumped cheerfully hugging V.

"Oh Yeah!!! I DID IT MOM!" V also said briskly.

Laurenette looked at them blankly.

"Uhm. What's happening? Guys?" She asked curiously.

They did not answer her, instead they continued hugging each other while jumping cheerfully.

"Are you going to say something or what?"

Still they didn't pay attention to him.

"I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks mom! You're the best!"

"SERIOUSLY? I'M ASKING YOU! GUYS!" Laurenette yelled blowing the fuse.