Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Lisa’s POV

I left the Twins laying on the couches in the living room, I run outside and off towards a thicket of trees, stripping down to my underwear as I run.

I run under a low-hanging branch, jump, grab it and haul myself up into the branches of the small birch tree. I don’t have too much upper body strength you see, so it took a bit of effort to haul myself up and onto that branch.

I pull my hair out of the gross ponytail it was in, take off my bra (because Bras are expensive and I don’t wanna buy another one of the damn things every time Verdi gets impatient or bored) and slip off my underwear stashing it a few branches up.

I leap and change mid-leap. When I land I am a Red Fox with emerald eyes, black socks, white tail tip and black ear tips. I do a cat stretch where you stick your ass in the air, front legs out as far in front of you as they go and your chin on the ground.

‘Thanks for getting out of there so fast, I couldn’t stand seeing them like that for too much longer’ Verdi whispers to me in my head. ‘No problem,’ I reply.

For the next few hours we wander aimlessly, talking and exploring our new home, and then a little Black Ferret runs into my side. knocking me over and all of the wind outta me

“Geez!” I hiss at the Ferret.

“So sorry, I didn’t see you there,” she pants “I am running away from my brother, cause I hid all of his shoes and he has a date with his latest slut in half an hour. I keep telling him to just wait for his fucking damn Mate!! Sorry I am blabbing, you probably didn’t want to know any of that. I am Harmony, well at the moment I am actually Reydara but that’s beside the point.”

“Wow,” I murmur. “You really can blab!” She giggles.

“Sorry, and I am Verdi at the moment but I am usually Lisa, nice to meet you! Hey do you wanna accompany me back to my place? Then we can talk as people?” I exclaim.

“Sure!!” She says excitedly bouncing on her toes. “Let’s go!!”

We make our way back to the house, chatting all the way. When we arrive I make my way back up the tree I had stuck my clothes in, change and put them on.

“Wait here, I will run inside and grab some clothes for you” I smile at her and run inside.

I grab a large shirt and some trackies for her, even though it is relatively warm outside.

Walking back outside, I toss the cloths in a pile at her feet and turn around for her to get dressed; when I turn back I notice that she is quite pretty.

She is a bit on the small side, her eyes are a piercing blue colour, her hair is a black bob with heaps of Rainbow streaks like yellow, red, blue, purple etc. She is sorta tan, not what you would call pale, and her fingernails are all very long and painted black with rainbow dots.

“I like your nails, could you teach me how to do that?” I ask her shyly as we start heading back to the house.

Once there, we head inside and into the kitchen, where Alice is cooking.

“Alice, this is my new friend Harmony,” I introduce her. “Could she stay for a while?”

“Sure!” She says enthusiastically with a little clap of her hands.

We go up to my room, sit around and talk. She teaches me that thing with her nails and, somehow, we end up rolling around on the floor singing nursery rhymes until we hear the sound of a motorbike roaring up the driveway.