Chapter 11

Nina's POV

I did some work on my carving for Tyler last night! It's almost finished just another hour or two and it will be done!

So at the moment I am wandering down the hall looking for anyone I know, my almost empty bag dangling over one of my shoulders, my cap in my hand and my horridly knotty hair in a birds-nest on the back of my head, it is verging on dread-locks!

Then I spot Chloe and Annabelle standing in front of an open locker giggling behind their hands, I wonder what they are talking about?

I stride up to them and give them a wave they happily return. Chloe beckons me over and tries to talk but she can't stop giggling.

Annabelle calms herself down with deep breaths and then says in her quiet voice, "Okay, so, some other new girl a year or two above us epically insulted the school bitch! And it was awesome! Some guy filmed it, hacked the schools Intranet and posted it on there!" She erupts into another fit of giggles.

Chloe continues on the story for her "So the next day the bitch didn't show up to school, and rumours were flying like mozzies!! Some people even claimed to have heard her say she was gonna kill herself! Sadly they weren't true."

She pauses to give me the mournful sigh of an actress on screen.

"About five minutes before you got here she walked past us;" She adds another pause for dramatic suspense, "She was wearing slightly less make-up and slightly more clothes than what she was wearing the first day of term! She even looked a little bit timid!! This girl that insulted her actually got through to her and it's incredible!! She is my idol!" Chloe finishes with a gush.

"Whelp," I say with a cheeky grin. "That was actually my new Foster sister, Gemma"

That's actually pretty cool that she has already made an impact on the school, unlike me. Oh, well, I had better start stirring if I wanna mix things up around here!

Suddenly I am knocked off of my feet, flung through the air and thrown over an abnormally large shoulder. Will... that kid is dead!

I start thrashing like a croc attacking a cow in the rainy season, my arms and legs flying everywhere, hitting a passer-by and Will in the face. I feel his hold loosening on my waist as I struggle.

I change my wild thrashing tactic to aim blows. I start swinging my legs at Will's crotch, or where I think it is and pulling at his arm trying to pry it off of me.

Holy fucking crap!!

The arm disappears around my waist as my shin connects with soft flesh and the ground starts zooming towards my face, my eyes fly shut just as my face......

Doesn't hit the floor.....

I slowly open my eyes and see that the floor is about half an inch away from my nose.

There is a very warm arm wrapped around my middle and another around my thighs. His shoes have tomato stains on them and there is some flour on them too. A faint aroma of hot melted cheese wafts off of him. It's Tony.

Suddenly the door slams open and Anastasia walks in. "Get your hands off her!" She yells at poor Tony, who awkwardly puts me on the ground.

"If you think you can waltz around here, pretending you own the place. Getting carried everywhere like you're the queen, then think again!"

She pulls out a sword and brandishes it in front of my face. There is a wild look in her eyes and she is foaming at the mouth.

I stand up slowly with my hands in the air. I can't help staring at the tip of the metal blade which is pointed at my throat.