2

The crispy morning air surrounded the atmosphere as the smell of the ocean made its way through Samantha's sense of smell. She could hear the seagulls squawking and the sound of the waves clashing.

For other people, waking up to this was perfect.

For Samantha, it's a reminder that she really chose the decision of leaving them.

Honestly, she still couldn't believe it.

Samantha has always been the one to lean on others. She's used to it even if she's not supposed to be. She trust  and forgives so easily and there's two reasons for that. One, because she's scared of being left alone. Stupid, she knows that, but that's how dependent she has grown. Second is because she doesn't know how to stand straight for her own rights, too out of knowledge with what people can take advantage of being so naive and forgiving.

Because of it, she fell into the dark oblivion with her heart feeling shattered and broken. It pained her to leave them alone, even if they've done something wrong.

She was stupid.

An idiot.

"Sammy! Breakfast's ready!" She heard her aunt calling out for her from downstairs.

Samantha sighed softly.

Slowly, she slipped out of bed, the wooden floor made contact with her feet and she automatically shivered at how cold it was.

She walked out of her room and went downstairs. The house wasn't that big but it's not totally too cramped. It's actually so refreshing because there's  a lot of windows.

"Ah! There you are, Anny." Aunt Josephine smiled warmly at her. "Good morning."

Samantha nodded tiredly. "Mornin'"

Her aunt immediately caught up with her and she frowned. "Rough night again?"

Instead of answering her, she looked around the house.

"Aunt Josephine, where's—"

"Samantha Stones, don't change the subject." Her aunt scolded causing her to flinch. Her aunt's tone was stern and she was giving her a threatening look that told Samantha to not mess with her right now.

Samantha knows that she's just looking out for her. Josephine's been trying to help her and she knows that but Samantha just can't seem to care right now.

Josephine's expression softened when she saw Samantha's scared expression.

"You know that I'm here for you right? I don't want you to have some troubles—"

"Well, I am having troubles, okay?" Samantha snapped and took a deep breath out.

Why must people have to go into other people's businesses? Samantha's fine on her own. She can handle it. She's not a kid to be treated like one.

'As if.' Her mind scoffed. 'You always say that but look at you now! Pathetic and weak. A stupid idiot who can't even stand up for herself.'

"And that's why I want you to tell me about it." Josephine answered back without her tone wavering.

"Look, I'm not forcing you to tell me. I just want to let you know that you're not alone anymore."

Samantha's heart ached with guilt when she heard the genuine tone on her aunt's. She knows that she's not lying. Josephine has been like a mother to her. Someone who she can rely on. But after everything that's been happening, she just can't trust anyone yet.

It's too much for her weak heart.

Samantha appreciates her aunt's help. Really. She's just not... Ready yet.

"I'm sorry..." Samantha mumbled, looking at the floor in shame.

What if her aunt leaves her like the the others because of her rotten attitude?

She can't handle that.

She's so stupid!

She's not the boss here but she's acting like one.

"Okay." Samantha could clearly hear the smile on Josephine's tone. "One step at a time, okay?"

Samantha gulped down her tears and nodded weakly. "One step at a time."

Josephine grinned when the girl repeated her words. At least Samantha's not in a phase where grief, frustration and anger mix together.

"And to answer your question, Xavier and Daniel went out for a swim."

Went out for a swim in this weather?

"On a freezing day?" Samantha asked in disbelief.

"As long as there's no snow then it's not cold yet." Josephine groaned. "That's what they said."

Samantha shook her head.  She couldn't keep up a conversation with her anymore so she simply just walked towards the table where their breakfast was already ready.

"Thanks for... Y'know... Taking care of me... " She awkwardly said, looking at her aunt with a forced, tight smile. "I...uhm... Appreciate it. Really."

Josephine smiled genuinely and nodded. "You deserve so much more than what you already have."

Samantha laughed bitterly. It's a curse, honestly. Maybe people who gets closer to her are the ones who leaves her in the most painful way?

"Life didn't give that to me."

"Everything had it's own reasons." Josephine said wisely. "You just got to find the answer on why life has given you this."

Find the answer why life has given her this life?

"Now!" Her aunt clasped her hands together and grinned at her. "Let's eat?"

"How 'bout Xen and Dan?" Samantha asked.

Josephine snorted. "Let them swim. Who knows, maybe they can be some... weird, creepy merman, y'know?"

Samantha gave Josephine a questionable look but she didn't gave her any more comments.

______________________________________

Here it is!

We'll take this one step at a time!

What do you guys think about this?

Is Sam being too rude?

Is her aunt being too pushy?

Let me know what you guys think about it!

Sorry for any mistakes or errors!

Drop a vote, Luvs♥♥