Chapter 15

(Jax P.O.V)

My eyes slowly peeled open to bright fluorescent lights above me. An irritatingly persistent beep was sounding somewhere to my right. I felt a weight on my arm, looking down I saw that my mom was sound asleep clutching my arm like I'd disappear. I glanced around the room. I was in the hospital.

A very worried looking Tucker walked in holding a rice crispies treat and a bottle of water. When he saw me his concerned face lit up. "Jax!"

The sound of my brothers voice woke our mom. Her tired eyes looked up at me and a smile broke out on her face. "Oh, thank God. Baby, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Ma."

She leaned over, hugging me gently. "Good. I'll tell a nurse you're up." My mom walked out the room to go find a nurse.

I looked to Tucker. "How long have I been here?"

"About two days."

I opened my mouth to respond right as the nurse walked in, followed my my mom. The nurse was young and looked really athletic for a nurse, she had a reassuring smile on her face. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel okay." I moved to sit up and a searing pain shot up the left side of my body. From my ankle all the way up my side felt as if it had been set on fire.

The nurse was by my side instantly. "Slow down, Hun."

Groaning, I looked up at her. "Why did that hurt so much?"

"You had surgery when you were admitted. You broke you hip and fractured your patella and fibula bones in your leg."

"Oh." I suddenly remembered a car slamming into me. That's why I was here.

"I'll let you rest a bit. You will have to get up and try to walk as best you can though. Press the nurse button on your bed if you need me. Ask for Tess." With that, she left.

I looked to my mom. "Can I call Shan?"

"She's been here since you've been admitted, sweetie. It was family only for a while. I think I can let her come see you now though." I nodded quickly. I had to see her.

Soon, my mom was back with Shania in tow. She quickly rushed to the right side of the bed, flinging herself on me softly. Her tiny arms enveloped me in a gentle hug. "Jax! God, I was so worried about you."

When she pulled away, I looked at her and took in her appearance. Her glasses were on instead of her contacts, her brown hair crumbled but relatively straight, and her beautiful hazel eyes were red and puffy.

Shania glanced at the doorway before turning her eyes back to me. I looked to the doorway and her family stood there, holding flowers. Cayden had his head pointed down as did Mr. Hart. Assholes. My attention went back to Shania as she softly brushed her fingers on my cheek. It comforted me in ways I couldn't understand.

"Alright, Shania. We better get going, we all have things to do today." I didn't have to look to know it was her dad.

Shan's eyes didn't leave mine. "I'm staying here."

"Absolutely n--" Her dad stopped mid sentence when Shania sent a pointed look in his direction.

She walked to her mom, grabbed the flowers and set them on the bedside table. Her family left without a word but her mom sent an apologetic smile my way before leaving.

Tucker and my mom quietly talked while Shan tried her best to hug me over the rail of the bed that separated us. I pressed a button, sliding the railed down and tugged Shania on the bed with me.

Her head rested on my chest and she snuggled close to the right side of my body that wasn't as battered as the left. "I was really scared." She murmured into my chest.

"Well, I'm okay now. Especially since you're here."

She nuzzled her nose against the crook of my neck. "Jaz and Landon came by but you were still out of it, by the way."

I turned my head to see my mom smiling at us. "You two are just so cute."

Shania blushed as I smiled. Slowly, my smile turned into a frown. I knew that when I got out of this hospital, Shania and I were done. Her families obligation to let her be around me would be over and I wouldn't be allowed to see her.

She seemed to notice my change in mood because she planted kisses up my neck which made me smile uncontrollably. The nurse, Tess, walked in and raised an eyebrow at Shania in the bed with me but didn't say anything.

"Are you ready to try to get up?" I wasn't honestly but I nodded. Shan slipped from the bed and Tess stood on the side of my bed holding a walker.

"I'm going to help you up, okay?" She said. I nodded my okay and she clutched my hand with one of hers, sliding the other under my back. She assisted in lifting my back up softly as I moved to sit up.

An insufferable pain shot up my side and I screamed in voluntarily as tears formed in my eyes. I wasn't even remotely embarrassed that I might cry. Hell, it hurt more than anything I'd ever felt.

At least I was sitting I thought to myself. Tess looked at me sympathetically. "Let's get you standing."

Again, she helped lift me up and I leaned against her heavily, crying. I couldn't help it anymore, the pain was too much to not cry.

Shania stood with my mom, both looked in just as much pain just watching me. Tess led my hands onto the bars of the walker, I squeezed onto the bars so tight that my knuckles were white.

Pushing the walker in front of me barely, I shuffled forward with it. Tears flowed freely down my face and I made no move to wipe them away. I continued to do this until Tess finally allowed me to stop. After much effort, I gradually laid back into the bed like I was before.

The nurse patted my chest softly. "You did good."

I didn't really care how I did, just that it was over. She talked with my mom for a bit then left us again.

Tucker came to my bedside, frowning. "Are you okay?"

I nodded barely, not sure if I meant it or not.

****

Aight, so I wrote this like two months ago and it never uploaded for whatever reason and I kinda just forgot about it and I feel like such an ass ;-;
Soz
This is really just a filler chapter and I'm sorry if it's short

Love you guys, I'm sorry for the slow updates

-Jess

Comment

Vote

Fan