Chapter 8

I was probably driving Alex crazy with trying to find an outfit. But, he didn't seem to mind.

It was after Warped and I was staying with Alex instead of Skylar and Haden, so, Alan was coming to Salt Lake to take me out. Gemma was out on tour with her band, I'm The Nightmare.

"How about this one?" I asked, spinning around a little.

"Flower, you look beautiful in any of them," he responded, laughing.

I groaned and flipped him off before I made my way back up to my room. I slipped off the dress and put it back up before I grabbed a black dress that I had got from David for my last birthday. He said 'it screamed "Peyton!" to me when I saw it!'

I rolled my eyes and slipped it on before I made my way downstairs. I made my way into the living room and did a little spin.

"That one for sure, Flower," Alex exclaimed with a grin.

I laughed and nodded before I made my way back to my room. I slipped it off and laid it out on my bed with a pair of black high heels before I pulled on a pair of Alex's black skinny jeans and one of his black button up shirts. Hey, I stole his clothes like any normal sister.

His jeans were a bit long on me, so I rolled them up. And to keep them from falling off, I slid a belt of mine through the loops. I chose one of his button ups because his tank tops would be falling off me. Literally. And I had to roll up the sleeves as well.

I quickly made my way downstairs and grabbed a beer from Alex. He always had Coors or Bud. Personally, it didn't matter which it was. All of it was beer anyways.

"Hey, so, is lunch ready?" I asked with a grin as I took a seat at the table. Hey, it was his turn to cook.

"Yes, Flower," He replied, rolling his eyes.

I stuck my tongue out at him as he set a plate in between us. Which had a few tacos on it. I took one of them and bit into it. Hey, I have always loved tacos. Alex and I are practically on a first name basis with the employees at Taco Bell.

"So, you excited for Alan to get here tomorrow?" he asked me after he swallowed what he had in his mouth.

I shrugged, "I don't know," I replied. "I mean, yeah, I like him and all and he's seeming to be getting over his stupid whore of an ex, but, I don't know if I can do this."

"Peyton Flora Costa," he said sternly. "You have to let go of what Hunter did to you in the past. Trust me. He isn't gonna be able to do anything to you ever again. I promised you and that promise still stands."

I nodded with a small smile, "Thanks, I needed that," I told him with a smile.

"You're welcome," he responded laughing.

"Oh, when is Gemma gonna be back?" I asked him. I was dying to see her again.

"She's not coming back," he said, his demeanor changing.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"She broke up with me over the phone a few days ago," he responded.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked, confused. "I mean, I know you probably wanted to figure things out before you told anyone, but, still."

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything before," he whispered, running his fingers through his hair. "I was afraid."

"Alex, it's fine," I told him, resting a hand atop his. "I understand. But, please, don't be afraid to tell me anything. I'm here for ya just like you are for me. Alright?"

He nodded, a small smile on his face, "Thanks, Flower," he said. "What would I do without a sister like you?"

"Probably crash and burn," I responded, laughing.

Just as he was about to speak, we heard the front door open and someone shout. I rolled my eyes as Jake ran in, laughing.

"Jacob Ryan Harmond!" I shouted as he ran past me and into the living room, jumping on the couch.

"What?" he whined as Alex and I carried our lunch into the living room with us.

"Don't run and jump on the furniture," I scolded, shaking my head. "Damn. I feel like I'm your mother sometimes."

"You still love us!" he retorted, laughing.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course," I replied, laughing.

"So, when's Mister Ashby gonna show up?" he asked as we I sat next to him while Alex sat in his chair.

"Tomorrow," I replied, laughing. "Alex was helping me to find a dress to wear. Apparently, Alex recommended a restaurant and it's dressy. So, I ended up going through every dress I have here."

"How many do ya have?" he asked, trying to snitch a taco. I slapped his hand.

"Mine," I told him sternly. "Anyways, I lost count. You, David, Dan, Jason, Pablo, and Alex are always buying me dresses when you're on tour. And why do you anyways?"

"Well, we see something that seems like you, we get it for ya," Jake replied with a grin. "Simple as that."

I rolled my eyes before I took a drink of my beer.

The rest of the afternoon and night consisted of me, Alex, and Jake talking about whatever we could think of.

After Jake left, I made my way up to my room and got changed into my night clothes. A onesie that made me look like a chipmunk. A Christmas gift from Alex. I crawled into bed and was out like a light.

*Alex*

I sighed as I started watching a movie Flower, Dan, and Jake had made for me. Why the hell am I being so sentimental lately? Oh well.

Just as the video went off, I heard shouting coming from Flower's room. I quickly made my way up to check on her. Hey, I always look out for my baby sister. Even if she is only about an hour younger than me. She's still my baby sister.

Opening the door, I saw that she was asleep and tossing and turning, screaming. I quickly made my way over to her and shook her awake.

"Flower, wake up," I said worried.

She shot up, breathing deeply. Trying to calm herself.

"You alright?" I asked her.

She nodded wordlessly. I gave her a look, telling her I didn't believe her. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

"He showed up again," she told me. "Every time I agree to a date, he shows up in my dreams."

I pulled her into a hug, carding my fingers through her hair. Calming her down.

"You ready to go back to sleep?" I asked her.

"I need my brother with me," she whispered.

I nodded and moved so I could lay down beside her. She curled up as close as she could get to me. I sighed after her breathing slowed, telling me she was asleep.

I hope Alan can help her. She's already been helping him.

Please, whatever God is out there, please answer this. Please. I'll do whatever it takes. I'll get on my knees and beg. I don't care.

I can't stand to see my sister in pain.