Chapter 7

*Alex*

Well, today was it. My band played right after Flower's did. So, all I had to do was get Flower to the stage where Of Mice & Men were playing. And keep Skylar away from it. Which shouldn't be too hard. Seeing as he's pretty good friends with Jake and Dan.

Jake and Dan had agreed to do it, so I had to get Skylar to agree to hang out with them. Away from the stage. 

Jake: He's on his way over. You're good to go.

Me: Thanks!

I pulled Flower to my side and took a picture with her, posting it to Twitter and Instagram.

@AKGrin: Flower and I about to listen to some fuckin awesome music! @FlowerK

I grinned at my sister before I dragged her over to the stage, pulling her to the barricades. She was laughing the entire time. Not a forced laugh, but a true one. She always did when she was around me. She knew I could see right through her acts. And I always tried to keep a smile on her face.

"Ready?" I asked her with a grin.

She nodded with a smile on her face just as the guys came out on stage. I had run the plan by the guys and they agreed to it, which was a plus. So, here goes nothing!

"Alright, how are we doing Salt Lake?" Austin asked the crowd. We all cheered in response before they continued with the show. 

After a couple songs, Austin said they were gonna slow it down a bit. 

"Alright, this one, we were told, is a dear friend's favorite song," Austin told the crowd. "This is the first time we played this song, so, please bear with us. We did this cover for her."

Alan switched out his ESP for an acoustic guitar.

"Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost

It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time

But I'm too young to worry

These streets we travelled on will undergo our same lost past

I found you here, now please just stay for a while

I can move on with you around

I hand you my mortal life, but will it be forever?

I'd do anything for a smile, holding you 'til our time is done

We both know the day will come, but I don't want to leave you

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time

But I'm too young to worry (a melody, a memory, or just one Picture)

Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost

It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Newborn life replacing all of us, changing this fable we live In

No longer needed here so where do we go?

Will you take a journey tonight, follow me past the walls of Death?

But girl, what if there is no eternal life?

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time

But I'm too young to worry (a melody, a memory, or just one Picture)

Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost

It's empty, and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Trials in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here,

Please tell me what we have is real

So, what if I never hold you, yeah, or kiss your lips again?

Whoah, so I never want to leave you, and the memories of us to see

I beg don't leave me

Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost

It's empty, and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Trials in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here

Please tell me what we have is real

Silence you lost me, no chance for one more day 

I'm stuck here alone

Falling away from me, no chance to get back home 

Falling away from me, no chance to get back home."

I watched Flower grinning and singing along with Aaron and Austin. Laughing, I lifted her onto my shoulders as Alan took the mic that Austin had handed him.

"Alright, I wanna ask a very special woman a question," he told the crowd. "And she's here today. So, Peyton, will you do me the honor of joining me on a date?"

I looked up at my sister, seeing she was frozen in shock. I rolled my eyes and pinched her thigh, snapping her back to reality.

"Alan," I heard her whisper before I helped her onto the stage.

Alan was nervous. It was plainly obvious. When Flower gave him a smile, he relaxed a little. And when she said yes, Alan was overjoyed as she pulled him into a hug, keeping in mind that he still had his guitar in his grasp.

I laughed as Flower walked back over to where I was standing. I grabbed her waist and helped her down.

"You had a part in this, didn't you?" she asked with a playful glare.

I grinned triumphantly and nodded, "You bet your ass, Flower."

Flower rolled her eyes before she wrapped her arms around my waist. I laughed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. I pressed a kiss to her forehead. A brotherly gesture.

"Thanks, Alex," she whispered as the guys walked off the stage.

"Anything for you, Flower," I told her just as security motioned for us to go back with the others.

I nodded and led her over, her running up to Alan. He caught her in his arms and pulled her close.

I grinned as I watched, happy for my sister. She could finally be happy. She needed it. Especially after Hunter. He destroyed her.

I didn't realize I was clenching my fists until Tino said something.

"What's wrong, Alex?" he asked, making sure that the guys didn't see.

"Just thinking," I replied before I ran a hand through my hair. "If he hurts her after I went through this, I will kill him with my bare hands."

"Hey, believe me, he wouldn't intentionally," Tino stated as he watched his friend and my sister laugh at something the other said. "Besides, you like her or something?"

"She's my sister in all but blood," I responded, keeping an eye on my sister. "If he hurts her, you will be down a guitarist."

Tino nodded before he joined his friends. I looked at my watch, seeing it was time for her to get to their set.

"Flower, you need to get to the main stage," I told her, walking up.

She nodded before she dragged Alan and I over to the stage. I smiled at them. Maybe he wasn't another Hunter. He didn't seem like it when we were touring together last year.