Chapter 1

"Wakey Wakey!"

I groaned as I covered my head with my blanket. How dare Skylar wake me up at this ungodly hour!

I had to fight against him pulling at my quilt until he decided to roll me off my bed. Well, he decided to flip my mattress.

"Get the fuck out of my room, Sky," I hissed as I stood, pulling on my nightshirt. Yeah, I sleep in my underwear. Sue me.

"Whatever you say, Peyton," he replied, laughing as he bolted out of my room.

I groaned as I grabbed my phone from its charger, looking through all of my texts and notifications.

Ryleigh: You, Sapphire, and I are going shopping today!

I rolled my eyes as I tossed my phone aside. Leave it to them to go shopping before a tour. And drag me into it.

I decided to go ahead and get dressed before they decide to get here. Yeah, I lived with my brother and the drummer of our band, Haden Chance.

I grabbed the first thing from my drawers and closet and headed into the bathroom. I went through the motions, which took about an hour to do all of it. Which included washing my hair, shaving, and all that shit. As well as getting dried off, blow drying my hair, and getting dressed.

I decided to just put my hair up in a messy bun and do my makeup very simple for the day. Simple eyeliner, dark purple eyeshadow, and a bit of lipstick.

I looked in my full length mirror, examining how I looked. I must say I looked pretty good for being rolled off the bed.

I exited my room to see Haden putting an omelette on a plate. He looked at me and grinned before he handed the plate. I took it from him and took a seat at the bar. He made the best omelettes that I have ever tasted.

And not to mention, just how I loved them.

By the time I finished eating, the front door opened and I felt two pairs of arms wrapping around my waist, pulling me off the chair.

******

I was sitting on the bench outside of the store that Sapphire and Ryleigh decided on going into. We were at the mall and I wasn't too keen on shopping, so I stayed outside until they got out. The only store I was interested in was Hottopic.

When I looked up from my phone, I saw a young man that looked to be about seventeen carrying a one year old girl on his hip. She was crying and he couldn't figure out what she wanted.

"Come on, Ellie, please quit crying," he begged as he held her close to him.

I stood and put my phone in my pocket, walking over to him.

"Need any help?" I asked him with a smile.

He nodded seemingly grateful for any help I could give him. I took her from him and bounced her slightly on my hip and spoke softly to her, quieting her down.

"Thank you so much, ma'am," he said with a thankful smile.

"It's no problem," I told him with a grin. "She's adorable. She your daughter?"

He shook his head, "She's my sister," he explained. "Well, half sister."

I nodded as I returned her to his grasp. She was calmed now and just looking around.

"Wait, aren't you Peyton Costa from Years of the Beginning?" he asked, shocked.

I nodded, "I sure am," I told him with a smile.

"Could you by any chance sign my phone case?" he asked shyly.

I chuckled a little and took the phone case from him and the sharpie he had in his pocket, signing it for him.

I handed it back to him, "Have a great afternoon," I told him. "Call me if you ever need any help with this gorgeous little girl again."

He nodded and looked down at the phone case as I walked off, since Sapphire and Ryleigh had walked out of the store carrying multiple bags of clothes.

"Who was that?" Ryleigh asked me as we walked.

"Someone I helped with their baby sister," I answered as we stopped by hottopic. "Well, if you don't wanna go inside, I'll pick up some stuff for ya."

"That would be amazing, Peyton," Sapphire said with a grin as she and Ryleigh took a seat on a bench.

I laughed and walked inside, grabbing what I needed. Which was some more jeans and band shirts. I ended up picking out some plugs for Ryleigh and some jewelry for Sapphire.

And when I get back to the house, I need to pack. I still haven't and we leave tomorrow morning.