𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚—"𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨"

———

"𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙄𝘾𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙄𝙁𝙐𝙇 𝘾𝘼𝙈𝙄𝙇𝙇𝙀."

Clara hooked onto the beautiful woman's hands resting in front of her legs and gave it a reassuring squeeze with a genuine smile on her face. She knew it wouldn't help with the fact that her uncle died, because she'd heard it a million times at both of her parents funeral and it did nothing for her, but she felt as if she needed to say it.

"Thank you, Lara," Cami smiles sadly, raising her head so instead of looking at the ground, her eyes meeting Clara's.

It was just after Father Kieran's funeral, the close family friend that passed away, which reminded Clara too much of her parents. Currently, she was residing in a bar where Cami worked at, but was off the clock for the 'party'. Most everyone here seemed happy, which puzzled Clara since they were celebrating rather than grieving.

The bar was filled to the brim, mostly with people Clara's never seen before. She spotted Elijah and Klaus earlier, but lost them in crowd after awhile. Kol was off trying to squeeze himself into the bar to get the two drinks, but he preoccupied with talking to people. Two men were speaking with him, and his eyes switched to Clara for a second, and he looked bored out of his mind.

"Of course, Cami," Clara pulled the girl into a quick hug, before her eyes fell on Klaus in a booth alongside the wall. "I heard that you and Klaus are friends, hm?"

Cami followed the blondes eyes to the booth where the hybrid was drinking alone, a sour face on as he sipped at his drink. Clara wanted to hate the man, but she would eventually have to be okay with him if she continued dating Kol.

"Oh, I don't know," Cami pinched up her face at the sight of him, and Clara could almost see something flicker across her face.

The two girls grew up knowing each other, since Cami was only a few years older than Clara. She seemed like a good role model, but they soon grew apart as they moved away from each other and the last time the blonde had seen Cami was at her brothers funeral. They texted a few times, often apologising when they here a friend has passed.

"I hear you and Kol, hm?" Cami mimicks, raising one eyebrow at the girl curiously.

"Oh, I don't know," Clara repeats, making Cami roll her blue eyes, and then a smile grew on her face as her eyes fell on her boyfriends again. "I think I love him."

"For your age?" Cami fake gasps, and then the smile faded on Clara's face as she was suddenly reminded that she was a vampire; she'd live eternally, and she died when she was eighteen.

"Uh," Clara clears her throat, quickly changing her sad expression to a fake happiness. "Yeah, I guess."

She wished she could talk to Cami about this, like she used to tell her everything when they were younger, but she knew she couldn't tell her about all of the supernatural creatures in the world.

"I'm teasing, when you know, you know. I still can't believe you haven't said I love you now," Cami responds, giving the younger girl a reassuring smile. "But I should go check on Klaus, I'll check up on you later? How long are you staying in New Orleans?"