𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚—"𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙪𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮"

———

"𝘼𝙍𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙀𝙓𝘾𝙄𝙏𝙀𝘿?"

𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼 𝙒𝘼𝙎 staring at herself in the full body mirror that was leaning up against her white wall. She was wearing a light grey, purplish dress that reached just about her knees, with an open back that showed off her coming along tan. It had a spaghetti strap top, and the strapless bra she was wearing felt awkward without a support.

Over her dress, she was wearing her bright red graduation cap and gown. She let out a rather loud sigh as she stared at herself, and she always imagined her mother and father standing on each side of her — broad smiles, echoing laughs, and straining tears. 

"Clara, love, did you hear me?"

Clara snapped out of her distracted mind and turned her attention to Kol, who had now placed a soft hand on Clara's shoulder. He looked a bit concerned as to why the girl never answered his previous question, and she shook off the weird feeling she had.

"Uh, yeah," Clara nodded unconsciously, really lying because she hadn't heard what Kol previously asked her.

"What'd I say?" Kol questions, raising one brown eyebrow suspiciously at the blonde.

Clara's pink lips parted as she tried to come up with a quick comment that he probably would've asked the girl; but her mind came up blank. She closed her mouth and sent him a genuine apologetic face, with a light shrug.

"I asked if you were excited," Kol stated, turning to Clara so now they were staring right at each other instead of in the mirror. "What's on your mind?"

"It's just," Clara let out a rather big sigh, glancing from the hovering Kol to her wooden floor. "I didn't think I'd be alone on my graduation."

"Alone how?"

"My parents are dead," Clara choked out the best she could without letting her voice crack. "My brother has to be thousands miles away because your brother wants to kill him, and I missed registration for Whitmore."

Kol looked at the girl with a sorrowful love, and he wanted to do absolutely anything to make his girl happy. So, he pulled her into the tightest hug he could do, wrapping his arms around her frail shoulders, and leaned his chin to rest of the top of her blonde locks.

"Whatever you go through, whatever happens, I will always be by your side," Kol comments, sucking in a deep breath. "You won't even be alone, not while I'm alive."

Clara hugged Kol by pressing her face, careful of her subtle makeup to smear on his v-neck, softly on Kol's chest.

"Thank you, Kol."

"Of course, love," The original smiles, showing off his bright white teeth. "C'mon, you're gonna be late."

•••

"I'm here! I'm here!"

Clara, breathless may I add, ran up to the group of people she called her best friends. Everyone looked amazing in their red caps and gowns, and Clara smiled to herself at the sight of them all.