Anti-Love Potion

CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

(Val POV)

Evie had made us all outfits for the coronation. The morning of the coronation we were getting ready or more like Evie was getting us all ready. Evie had made Mal a pretty light purple dress, herself a high-low blue dress and me a high-low mint green dress. Mal leaves to go ride in a carriage with Ben. Evie and I go meet up with Jay and Carlos. Jay looked extremely handsome in his leather outfit that Evie made.

(Jay POV)

Carlos and I go to meet up with Evie and Val. I see Evie first and she was in her usual blue. Then I turned and saw Val. I could have sworn that my jaw dropped to the floor. She was gorgeous in a mint green dress.

"Wow. You look, um, gorgeous," I tell her as I rub the back of my neck. I see her cheeks turn pink and I smile.

"Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself," She says with a smile.

"Let's go, guys," Carlos says and we head to the coronation.

(3rd Person POV)

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation, where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king! I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all," Snow White announces. "Oh, Fairy Godmother is looking radiant. But what is happening with Jane's hair?" Then Fairy Godmother uncovers the wand. "And there is Fairy Godmother's wand." The carriage with Ben and Mal comes riding in. "Oh, and here comes Ben now."

"Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there," Ben tells Mal as he grabs her hand.

"Thank you," Mal says.

"Mal, would you wear my ring?" Ben asks and goes to slide his ring on her finger but she pulls her hand back.

"Um... not now. I think it would probably just fall right off of me," Mal answers before remembering the box in her hand. "I have something for you."

"For me?" Ben asks.

"Yeah. It's just for later, you know when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy," Mal explains as she gives him the box.

"Always thinking. But I can't wait," Ben says as he opens the box and takes a bite of the cupcake.

"No!" Mal tries.

"Mm. Mm... Mm! This is really good," Ben says.

"Uh, do you..." Mal begins.

"Mal?" Ben asks.

"Do you feel okay?" Mal asks him.

"You bet," Ben answers.

"Would you say that you're still in... that... that you have very strong feelings for me?" Mal asks.

"I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect," Ben answers.

"Yeah... Okay," Mal says as she nods her head before it clicks. "What? What? You knew?" Ben laughs.

"That you spelled me? Yeah. Yeah, I knew," Ben answers.

"I'm... I can explain myself," Mal tries.

"No, look, it's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own," Ben explains. "Am I right?"

"Yes. You're so right. So, then, how long have you known?" Mal says.

"Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the enchanted lake," Ben answers.

"So then what? You've just been... faking it since then?" Mal asks. Ben puts his ring on Mal's finger before kissing her hand.

"I haven't been faking anything," Ben answers. The carriage pulls up in front and Mal and Ben get out before making their way up to Beast and Belle.

"About the other day, I just..." Mal begins to say to Beast.

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy," Beast states.

"You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy," Ben explains.

"I did?" Beast asks and Belle slaps his arm. "I... how very wise of me."

"Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart," Belle says.

"Thanks, mom," Ben says.

"You're gonna make a fine king," Beast tells Ben before taking Belle's hand and walking away.

"Wish me luck," Ben tells Mal. Mal then is escorted inside.